One of those days

You knew from the moment your eyes opened this morning that it was gonna be one of those days-the days where you feel your depression and anxiety more than others. You hated these days. They were days when you had no motivation, sometimes certain memories would come back and you'd cry a lot, but sometimes you just felt depressed and anxious for no reason. On most of these days you wouldn't even leave the bed; you wouldn't even be able to do simple things like get a glass of water or brush your teeth.

If there was any upside to this situation today it was that Demi had the day off. She always made sure to check on you, not really asking if you were okay because she could tell you weren't but rather seeing if you needed some water or food, making sure she helped you to the bathroom from time to time as she knew you had no motivation to leave the bed, or what you appreciated most- if you wanted her to hold you or if you wanted space.

She opened the bedroom door, walking in and closing the door quietly behind her. She walked over to you as you continued to stare at the wall. She sat down at the edge of the bed right by your feet. "y/n? Do you need some water or anything?" You tore your eyes away from the wall, looking at her and nodding your head. She smiled a little, that nod of your head showed her that you were still there and she needed that reminder sometimes. She walked back downstairs to get you a glass of ice water, carrying it back upstairs for you a couple moments later along with a candy bar- one of your favorite kinds. She smiled at you and closed the door behind her once again, handing you the water as you took a couple slow sips. She then sat the glass down on the nightstand next to you once you were done along with the candy bar, making you mumble a little 'thank you'. She smiled and stroked your hair, the feeling of her touch reminded you that you weren't alone, it made you sigh in contentment and close your eyes. She stopped a few seconds later and grabbed your hand leading you towards the bathroom making sure you were taking care of your body even though you weren't necessarily feeling up to it.

When you finished she lead you back to the bed and tucked you in under the blankets, kissing your forehead and stroking your hair again. "Do you want some space princess?" You thought about it for a few seconds before shaking your head and deciding that you wanted her to hold you. She nodded her head and climbed under the blankets with you. She snuggled closer to you and you let your eyes flutter shut. Even though you were having "one of those days" it was nice knowing she was there for you, something she promised from the moment you began dating. And it made her feel good, she felt like even at your worst you still needed her. You needed her to hold you and to remind you to take care of yourself by helping you do the simplest things that you had absolutely no motivation to do. She'd do anything for you and she proved it to you as she held you while you slept, hoping that when you woke up you'd feel a little better and if you didn't she'd still be there to hold you and care for you, to remind you that she loved you, something you needed more than anything else on these days.