your child has a tantrum

Sophia is usually always well behaved. She's only four, but she knows the difference between right and wrong for some things. You decided to take her out for ice cream but when she found out that she couldn't have the size she wanted, she started to throw a fit.

"Want the big one!" Sophia cried and you shook your head. "No. Sophia you won't be able to eat it all." Sophia started to stomp her feet and you buried your face in your hands. "Sophia if you don't stop right now then we're going home and you won't get any ice cream at all." Demi said, crouching down on the floor to her level.

Her bottom lip started to wobble and that normally made you cave every time, but you were determined not to this time around. She was causing a scene. People normally stared every time you were out with Sophia because she's normally always happy and laughing and she always made people smile with her, but this time people were staring because she was acting out and you felt a little embarrassed.

"Okay, come on. We're leaving." Demi picked her up and walked out to the car and you followed behind her. You buckled Sophia's seat belt and the entire way home all you heard was her crying and screaming and kicking her feet against the seat. Sophia cried herself to sleep about halfway home making you sigh in relief. Demi grabbed your hand in her free one and gave it a little squeeze. "You okay princess?" You blew out a heavy breath and nodded your head, looking back to find Sophia sound asleep.

Once you got home you picked Sophia up and carried her inside. You dreaded her waking up because you thought she might throw another tantrum but instead, she clung to you. She mumbled little sorry's against your skin as tears rolled down her face. You sat down on the couch with her in your lap and Demi sat down next to you. "Do you know why we brought you home?" She nodded and rubbed her eyes. "Sorry." She mumbled again, this time crawling onto Demi's lap and burying her face in her neck.

"It's okay. Just don't do it again." She nodded her head and looked between you and Demi. "Movie?" She pouted and you both caved in right away. "Okay sweet girl." She crawled over and sat between you and Demi, both her little hands reaching for one of each of yours. Demi giggled and leaned down to press a few kisses to Sophia's head. "Love you so much."

Sophia ended up falling asleep with her head on your lap and her legs stretched out on Demi's about halfway through the movie. Right when the movie was about to end, Demi looked at you to find you asleep as well. She chuckled and turned the tv off, looking at you and Sophia. "Guess we're sleeping here tonight. Goodnight, my loves." She stared at you both for a few more seconds before she fell asleep too.