Worry

You were pacing around the living room as you stared at the clock on the wall. It was a little past midnight now and Demi was supposed to be home an hour ago. She had gone out for a little while with a couple friends but she said she'd be home by 10:30 so you guys could watch a movie together before bed, but now you couldn't care less about the movie, you just wanted her home. She wasn't answering her phone or texts, her friends weren't answering their phones either and you were absolutely paranoid. Your mind always jumped to worst case scenario and your anxiety was going insane.

You dialed Demi's number and pressed the phone to your ear, it rang once, twice, three times, and then four before it went to voicemail. "Demi, it's me. I'm really really worried about you. You're not answering my texts or my calls and you're an hour and a half late. Please call me or text me. Just let me know you're safe. I'm really anxious and extremely worried about you. I love you." Your voice was shaky and you were crying, but you couldn't help it. You just wanted to know she was alright. You were about to text one of her friends when you heard a car door shut making you jump before running to the front door, swinging it open to be face to face with Demi. "Demi! You're okay, you're okay!" You hugged her body as close to yours as possible and buried your face in the crook of her neck. Demi giggled and wrapped her arms around your back, looking down at you with her beautiful brown eyes and a big smile on her face.

"Princess are you okay?" "I was so worried about you! You weren't answering your phone and you're late! Why are you late? You know what, don't answer. You're safe and that's all that matters." You pulled away from her and grabbed her hand, leading her inside and pulling her to the couch. She smiled and plopped down on the couch, pulling you on top of her. "I'm sorry baby girl, I left my phone in the car, we all did. Just to y'know, disconnect for a bit and be present with each other, but I lost track of time and I'm sorry. I'm also sorry that I'm so late that it's well passed midnight and I'm late on our Netflix date." She smiled and kissed your cheek making you giggle. "It's okay Demi. I want you to go out and have fun with your friends and stuff, you know that I just get worried and I always jump to worst case scenario, and I'm sorry for that." "Don't apologize. It's all good baby. God, you're so cute." You smiled and rested your forehead against hers, both of you staring into each other's eyes. "I know it's late but maybe we can still do that Netflix date... or maybe y'know, we could always Netflix and chill." You smirked making her laugh before caressing your face with her hands. "I think that's a really great idea." She smiled and stood up, carrying you upstairs in her arms to enjoy your late night date together.