Spiders

You were just sitting on the couch reading a new book that you had recently gotten when you saw it from the corner of your eye. It was a spider and it was crawling on the table in front of you. You screamed and ran to the other side of the room, wanting to keep as much distance between the spider and you as possible.

Immediately following your scream you heard Demi running down the stairs to check on you. "Princess! Everything okay?" She ran into the living room and saw you sitting in the corner with your knees to your chest. "There's a spider!" Demi laughed and shook her head at you. "What the hell are you waiting for, Demi? Kill it!" She walked over to the table where the spider was and saw it crawling across the table, looking back at you and shrugging her shoulders as she tried to hold in her smirk. "It's just a spider, baby girl." "Please Demi. I'm really scared." She looked at you and saw the fear in your eyes, realizing then just how frightened you were.

She picked up a magazine from nearby and smushed the spider with it before holding her hand out for you to take. "Come on princess, it's safe now." She giggled when you hesitantly took her hand, standing in the same spot until she tugged you close. "You're sure it's really dead?" You mumbled against her chest and Demi couldn't hold back her laughter. You were just too cute. "Yes babe, I promise." You stood up on your tiptoes and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "My hero." You mumbled and Demi could've swore that her heart had melted in to a puddle right then and there. Oh how she loved you, even if she was the one who had to kill the spiders.