Your child has a nightmare

You were sound asleep when you heard it. The absolutely terrifying scream that came from your little girl. You jumped out of bed with Demi following behind you as you ran across the hall to Sophia's room. She was in tears, sobbing and screaming as she clutched on to the teddy bear Demi had given her when she first met Sophia. She cherished it and slept with it every night, carrying it around everywhere she went. She'd nibble on the ears and had even named it. So it wasn't a surprise when you ran into her room and she was holding it to her chest as she screamed out for you with tears falling from her eyes.

You ran over to her and crouched down in front of the bed and Sophia instantly threw her arms around your neck, sobbing in to the shirt you were wearing, which was actually Demi's. "Honey what happened?" She cried and tried to speak during her sobs but failed, only choking on her words instead. "Hey shh. I've got you. You're safe now, love bug." Demi sat down next to her on the bed and rubbed her back which made Sophia pull away from you and look at Demi with tears in her eyes. She rubbed her eyes before crawling over to Demi and resting her head on her shoulder. Demi ran her hands up and down Sophia's back as she whispered softly to her. "You're okay sweetheart. It was just a bad dream, that's all."

Sophia looked back at you and stuck her hand out, smiling a little when you took it in yours. "Want us to lay with you for a while, Soph?" She nodded and you both smiled at her, giggling when she smiled back at you. You laid down on one side and Demi on the other with Sophia in between you. She curled up against you though, needing your comfort the most. She let her eyelids close as sleep took over her tiny body once more. "Go back to sleep sweetie. We'll still be here when you wake up. No more bad dreams baby, I promise." You whispered and ran your fingers through her hair.

You heard snores a few minutes later. You raised an eyebrow at the sound, because Sophia didn't snore. So you looked over and saw Demi sleeping on her back as she held one of Sophia's hand in hers. Even though they weren't related by blood, Demi still loved that little girl like she was her own and it made you so happy to know that because your little girl deserves only love and nothing but that. You fell asleep with Sophia curled up against you, loving the little family that you had. You were truly so lucky and you would never take them for granted.