"Just hold me"

You looked over at the clock on your bedside table that read 11:45am and you sighed, pulling the fuzzy blanket further over your body. It was one of those days where your mind just wouldn't stop racing no matter what you did. It had gradually gotten worse lately, but you always tried to push through the day. Today, however, you couldn't. You had just lost your job from missing too many days of work due to your anxiety and depression and that just added more fuel to the fire, it was just another thing for you to be anxious about. You hadn't even really slept last night, Demi wanted to stay home with you today because she was understandably concerned about you, but you pushed her into going, telling her you would be okay. She hesitated but complied with you, leaving a sweet kiss on your lips before heading into the studio, but not before telling you that if you needed absolutely anything to call her and she'd do it in a heartbeat.

You tried to tell yourself that you'd be okay, that your mind would eventually calm down enough to let you get some rest and that would pass the time, but it felt like time was just dragging on and on, and no matter what you did nothing was helping you today. All you wanted was Demi. You wanted her to wrap her arms around you and leave small but sweet pecks on your lips as she whispered sweet nothing in your ear. You tried to convince yourself that it would get better and she'd be home before you knew it, but as time continued to drag on, you couldn't fight the urge to call her anymore. You needed her, nothing else was gonna help you right now, only her. You grabbed your phone with shaky hands and you called Demi, tears beginning to stream down your cheeks as your heart pounded against your chest. One ring, two rings, three rings, you were about to hang up and just text her instead, until you heard her sweet voice on the other end. "Princess? Everything okay?" You shook your head before remembering that she couldn't see you, so you sniffled a couple times and took a shaky breath before breaking down on the phone with her. "No. No, everything's not okay, Demi. I thought I'd be able to handle it on my own today but I can't. I-I need you. Please come home." A couple sobs left your lips and you heard Demi sigh sadly before she spoke to you again. "Of course baby girl, I'm on my way. I'll be there in just a few minutes y/n, I promise. Just hang in there for me and focus on your breathing okay?" You nodded your head and ended the call before burying your head in your hands.

It was only a few minutes later when you heard the front door downstairs open and close, Demi's footsteps echoing on the staircase with each step she took. She stood in the doorway for a second just looking at you before walking over to you. She slid off her shoes and climbed in on her side of the bed, pulling you into her arms and holding you tightly as you cried against her chest. "Princess what's wrong? Hmm? What's got you so anxious baby, c'mon, you can tell me." She kissed your head and heard you take a deep breath before you pulled your head from her chest and looked up at her, your eyes watery and your cheeks red and puffy from crying so much. "I don't know... everything. I hate how I let anxiety take control of me, of everything I do. It's like it has complete control of me and I'm tired of it." She sighed but nodded her head, letting you bury your head in the crook of her neck as your tears hit her skin. "Okay baby, I've got you. I know it sucks baby girl, I do. We can get you some help if that's what you'd like?" "Maybe." She placed both of her hands on your cheeks and pulled your head up, adjusting both of your bodies so you could rest your head comfortably on her chest while she held you in her arms, her hands rubbing up and down your back as she wiped away your tears. "Is there anything I can do for you princess?" "Just hold me." She kissed your forehead and pulled the blankets around you to make sure you were nice and cozy. "I can absolutely do that, my love. I'll hold you for as long as you want me to."