She's insecure

A/N: hi. I made myself really emotional while writing this because even the thought of Demi actually feeling insecure about herself breaks my heart. I apologize if this makes you emotional too. 

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

It was a thought that broke your heart to even think about, part of you wanting to deny that she wasn't feeling insecure about herself, but you saw it. You saw how she'd avoid looking in the mirror at times and how she spent a little longer in the bathroom while getting ready for the day. She wasn't as cuddly as she usually is and you hated seeing her second guess herself.

One morning after coming back from an early coffee run, you noticed that she wasn't downstairs watching tv like she was when you left. You walked upstairs and nearly panicked when you didn't notice her in the bedroom, until you saw the bathroom door was open and the light was on. You heard Demi sniffling from the bathroom, poking your head in you saw the way she looked at herself in the mirror, as if she hated what she saw. You walked up behind her and wrapped your arms around her, noticing that she was wearing a long hoodie down to her thighs. She would normally giggle and smile when she felt your arms around her, but instead she pushed you away, leaving the bathroom as tears fell down her cheeks and storming into the bedroom. She sat on the bed with her back to you. You could still hear the quiet little sobs leaving her lips. She tried to hold them back, but she couldn't.

You walked up behind her and sat down, placing your hand on her back and biting her lip in fear that she was gonna push you away again. You were shocked when instead of pushing you away, she turned around and crawled into your arms, burying her face in the soft fabric of your shirt as her tears hit your skin. You rubbed her back softly, trying to think of what to say. You were at a loss for words, unsure of what to say really, because the woman you loved more than anything else deserves so much better than hating herself. "Demi?" She continued to cry on your skin, her breathing shaky and uneven and it made you feel helpless. It was almost like a physical pain rushing through you because seeing her so upset was worse than any pain you could ever feel. "Demi? Baby what's wrong?" "I hate myself y/n." You closed your eyes, trying to fight back your own tears, but you couldn't. Those words broke your heart in two. She was really hurting and you weren't sure of what to say or do, so you spoke from your heart. Flashing back to all the times you said those words to her and how she'd cradle you in her arms and tell you how beautiful and worthy you are. It only felt instinctual to do the same for her.

"Why baby? Why would you say that?" She looked at you with her bloodshot eyes, tears still falling down her face as she tried to catch her breath. "I hate my body. It's so gross-" "Hey. Don't say that, don't ever say that. Your body is not gross, it is beautiful. Every inch of you is beautiful, baby." You held her face in your hands forcing her to look at you, neither of you breaking eye contact. Your vision was blurry due to so many tears streaming down your face, but you didn't dare look away. "Demi, you are beautiful baby, absolutely stunning. Who made you think like this?" "I don't know. I just, I've noticed that I've put on some weight." "And? Remember what you always tell me? That no matter how much I weigh, you'll still love me just the same. That's exactly what I'm telling you right now, okay? Fuck whatever number is on that scale or however much you think you weigh, I will never ever love you any less. In fact, every day I love you more and more than the last. I love everything about you. Your thighs, your tummy, your scars, your freckles, your pimples, everything. I love you so much and I never want you to feel like this ever again because you are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and so many other people out there too. I love you. Please love yourself too baby." She sniffled and looked in your eyes before biting her lip and smiling at you, leaning in to rest her forehead against yours. She kissed you softly, the feeling of her lips on yours making you weak in the knees. "I love you princess. Thank you for loving me." "Always."