Restless nights

You continued to toss and turn as you've been doing for the past three hours. Demi was sleeping next to you with her hands on your thighs, something that normally comforted you but wasn't helping tonight. You blew out another breath of air and groaned, beginning to feel hopeless when it came to getting any sleep. You kicked off the blanket and removed Demi's hands from your thighs.

You sat up, ready to get out of bed when a hand latched onto your wrist. "Where you goin'?" Demi mumbled. You looked at her, the moonlight shining through the window making it so you could see her face. She sat up and moved closer to you, wrapping her arms around your stomach and burying her face in your shoulder. "I can't sleep. I'm feeling really restless and slightly anxious so I'm just gonna go downstairs for a bit. You go back to sleep." Demi whined and shook her head, kissing the back of your neck and rubbing your back. "No. I can't sleep without you. Lay back down with me. I'll stay awake with you until you fall asleep."

She grabbed your hand and moved back over to her side of the bed, pulling you down with her. You groaned and tried to get back up only for Demi to wrap her arms around you and hold you close to her, her grip tighter than usual so you wouldn't move but not enough to hurt you. "Demi-" "shhh. Just relax princess." Demi reached for the blanket and placed it over both of your bodies, her arms still around you as her fingers started running up and down your spine. "I'm not tired." You whined, tears starting to well up in your eyes. Demi quickly wiped your eyes before kissing underneath them. "You're making yourself anxious baby. Just relax, I'm right here with you." You sighed and rested your head on Demi's chest, your breath tickling her skin. "I love you." You whispered against her skin. Demi smiled and looked at you as you yawned. "I love you too baby girl. Close your eyes." You felt yourself beginning to get tired, letting your eyes close before you yawned once more.

Demi started to sing softly in your ear, listening to the sound of your quiet breaths. She smiled when she knew you'd fallen asleep, kissing your forehead a couple times before letting her eyes close, feeling content with you finally asleep in her arms.