It's your childs first day of school and Demi calms her down

Time had flown by and before you knew it, Sophia was now four and ready for her first day at preschool. You thought she was looking forward to it so you didn't worry too much about it.

You woke her up that morning and helped her brush her teeth and get dressed before taking her downstairs and giving her a bowl of cereal. Demi joined you in the kitchen, pressing a kiss to your temple. She made her way over to Sophia and tickled her sides making her squirm around on the chair as cute little giggles left her lips. "Are you ready for your first day at school?" Sophia shrugged her shoulders and continued to eat her cereal until it was time to go.

She was unusually quiet the whole drive there but you and Demi figured she was just getting a little antsy. Demi parked the car before you got out to help Sophia out of the car. Demi came around and both of you held onto her hands as you entered the building. "You're gonna have so much fun baby girl!" You muttered and kissed the top of her head. You walked her over to the door, crouching down in front of her as Demi did the same.

Demi held back her tears and kissed the side of her head softly before wishing her good luck. You hugged Sophia before running your hand through her hair. "You okay honey?" She looked inside the room before looking back at you. Her bottom lip started to wobble as tears started to stream down her face. She threw herself into your arms, her little arms wrapping around your neck as she sobbed. "Don't go mommy" she cried and your heart broke.

You couldn't hold your tears back any longer and you started to cry too. "Wanna go home with you." Demi started rubbing her back and she lifted her head from your shoulder. "It's okay sweetie. You're gonna have lots of fun." Sophia shook her head, looking at Demi with tears in her eyes before looking back at you. "Soph, it'll be okay. It's only for a few short hours and it'll fly by. You're gonna make lots of friends and play lots of games as you learn some new fun things." Sophia reached out for Demi to grab her. Demi put Sophia on her hip as she pressed a few kisses to her head. "We'll be back soon, sweet girl." "Promise?" She held her pinky out to lock with Demi's and you both giggled. "We promise." Sophia nodded her head as the door opened, the teacher stepping outside to ask if Sophia was ready.

She looked back at you and Demi when she reached the door, about to enter the classroom with your reassurance once more. "We love you. We'll be back soon. Have fun." Sophia waved and blew both of you a kiss before walking inside the classroom, the door closing behind her.

You started crying again, leaning your head on Demi's shoulder as your little girl started her first day of school. "She's growing up so fast." Demi nodded as she wrapped her arm around your waist, the tears falling from her eyes too. "I know. But she'll be okay. It's just a few hours, princess, and then we can take her home."

Your little girl wasn't so little anymore and the thought of it made your heart break. But this was a brand new experience for her, one that you knew she would eventually love. She was just growing up way too fast for your liking.