You have a child from a previous relationship

A/N: I wrote and rewrote this chapter a couple times because I love these kinds of imagines so much! I hope you're all having a great Thursday and I also hope you enjoy this!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Demi have been together for almost 4 months now but you had yet to introduce her to your young daughter. Your past was rocky to say the least but the most beautiful moment of your life was the moment when you had first held your little girl and all of your fears and all of the horrible things that had gone on in your life before meant nothing to you. Your daughter Sophia was three now and quite the handful and she had a habit of getting easily attached to people, hence why you've never really introduced her to Demi.

When you two first met you were instantly attracted to Demi. She was everything you've ever wanted and dreamed of. You swore to yourself you'd take things slow, not just for your little girl, but for yourself too. It was almost a month in to your relationship when you first began talking about her to Demi for the first time, after all Sophia was the most important thing in your life and nothing in the world compared to her in your eyes, it just felt wrong not telling Demi about her. You were scared. You feared that, just like other people you've met since she was born, she wouldn't be able to handle it and she'd leave, but the exact opposite happened. Instead of leaving she grabbed your hand and asked you if you had some photos of her and if you could talk to her more about her. You smiled and continued talking about the light of your life for another two hours before going home to Sophia, Demi promising you that she'd text you later that night and wanted to see you again as soon as possible.

So now here you are sitting on the floor of your living room with your daughter as you two played with her toys before Demi would arrive to meet Sophia for the first time. You were excited and a little nervous, but you couldn't wait to see how things would go. Sophia's laughter was the only thing that could be heard as it echoed throughout the house, your heart melted at the sound and you couldn't help but smile and laugh along with her. She was a happy girl and she looked exactly like you, people constantly telling you that she was your twin and it made you so happy every time you heard that. The doorbell rang making you smile and your heart race a little faster in your chest. You kissed Sophia's head before getting up and answering the door. "Hey babe!" Demi greeted you at the door and kissed your cheek before you smiled and welcomed her inside before walking back over to Sophia. Sophia's head snapped up to look at the two of you, standing up on her little legs and walking over to you, only to hide behind your legs. "Honey this is Demi." Demi smiled and crouched down by your legs before reaching into her purse and pulling out a small stuffed elephant, your daughters favorite animal. "Hi Sophia, I'm Demi. It's very nice to meet you! Your mommy told me this is your favorite animal." Sophia looked at Demi for a few seconds before giggling and walking over to Demi, grabbing the stuffed elephant from her hands and bringing it up to her mouth.

Sophia walked back over to her toys, but oddly didn't play with them, rather she sat down and chewed on her new stuffed elephant, little giggles and gibberish escaping her lips. You smiled and walked over to the couch, your eyes switching back and forth from Demi to Sophia. "She's beautiful. Looks just like you babe." "Thank you. Everyone says that." You both smiled and stared at Sophia, you could feel your heart pounding in your chest as Demi grabbed your hand in hers and rubbed her thumb over your knuckles. "She really loves that elephant and I think she likes you." "Well I'm glad to hear that because she's the most important girl in your life and I wouldn't wanna be the second most important girl in your life if she didn't like me." You bit your lip and smiled... this was different for you. Most people just get scared at the thought of a young child and didn't want to get involved with someone like that.

You two continued to chat before you heard Sophia's little feet run over to you, a cheery giggle escaping from her lips as she peeled your hand off of Demi's and grabbing hers in her tiny one. "Play?" You smiled, Demi looking at you with wide eyes and a big smile. "She wants you to go play upstairs with her in her room." Your daughter stared at Demi with her big blue eyes before giggling and walking towards the stairs, her hand still in Demi's as she dragged her upstairs. You trailed behind them slowly and stood in the doorway as your two favorite girls in the universe played with Sophia's toys that were now scattered across the floor. Your daughter kept laughing and periodically chewed on the stuffed elephant that Demi gave her that was resting comfortably on her lap. "Mind if I join you guys?" Your daughter stood up and ran over to you, grabbing your hand and pulling you towards her toys and a laughing Demi who was sitting on the floor surrounded by stuffed animals and other toys. You sat down right in between the two of them and watched them interact, your heart leaping in your throat as they laughed together and played with all of Sophia's favorite toys. You all spent hours on the floor in that same position for five hours, Demi never complaining once and she never stopped laughing or smiling. You guys ate pizza for dinner before going right back upstairs to play.

The day had flown by and both Sophia and Demi wanted to hang out the following day, Demi immediately agreeing excitedly. She was the one, you just knew it, and you were so excited to see them spend time together every day.