your child has an accident

Sophia opened your door as quietly as she could before running over to your side of the bed. She was so scared - the bad dream that she had along with her accident making her want only one thing: you.

She shook your shoulder lightly. "Mommy? Mommy wake up." You opened your eyes and saw Sophia standing there, startling you for a second. "Sophia? Everything okay?" She shook her head and looked down at her pajama bottoms with tears in her eyes. You pulled the covers back and climbed out of bed, picking Sophia up and carrying her back to her room. "I'm sorry mommy." She cried, sniffling as the tears fell down her face.

You shook your head at her and crouched down on the floor in front of her. "Soph, look at me." She looked up at you and you wiped the tears from her eyes. "Don't apologize. Everything is fine, I promise. I'm not mad at you sweetie." She nodded and you pulled the sheets off her bed along with her blankets.

You put them in the dirty clothes, deciding to wash them tomorrow considering it was a little after three in the morning. You grabbed some fresh sheets from Sophia's closet and a couple clean blankets. As soon as you closed the closet door you turned around to find Demi standing in the doorway. "Everything okay?" She sleepily mumbled and you nodded, looking over to Sophia who was sitting on the floor with one of her toys in her lap. "She had an accident." Demi nodded her head and yawned, walking inside the room and going over to Sophia.

She noticed that she still needed some fresh pajamas so while you made her bed, Demi helped her into some pajamas. By the time she was done you were too and you picked Sophia up in your arms and laid her down in bed. You covered her up with the blankets and sat down next to her. "You okay honey? Something on your mind?" Sophia reached for Demi's hand, running her thumb over the tattoo she was always so fascinated by. "Had a bad dream" she mumbled, rubbing her eyes with her free hand before grabbing yours. "Don't want it to come true mommy." You shook your head at her and planted your lips to her forehead. "I won't let it, baby. I promise. Go back to sleep honey. I'll stay here until you fall asleep."

Sophia looked over at Demi and pouted at her. "You stay too?" Demi giggled and kissed Sophia's head softly. "Of course I will. Go back to sleep. We'll stay right here with you until you fall asleep." You handed Sophia her favorite stuffed animal and she pulled it against her chest, her eyes slipping shut as she started to drift off to sleep. You pressed one last kiss to her forehead before getting up with Demi and walking back to the bedroom.

As soon as your head hit the pillow you felt like you could instantly fall asleep. Demi ran her hand across your arm and kissed your jaw. "You're such a great mom." Your eyes were closed and Demi thought you might've fallen asleep but when you smiled at her she knew you were awake. "It's the best title I'll ever have. I love her so much." Demi smiled at how much you love Sophia, her heart overflowed with love for you and Sophia. "I do too. Goodnight y/n." Demi whispered, pressing her lips to the corner of yours before laying her head on your shoulder. "Night Demi" you said and drifted off to sleep, your two favorite girl the only thing on your mind.