"Please don't go"

Goodbyes were always the hardest and you were absolutely dreading this one. Demi had to tour again. This one was only gonna be a month long but that was still a month without her. You'd spent the entire week together, Demi insisting that you two do whatever came to mind, whatever you wanted. Fancy dinners, a couple days reserved for purely adventuring around the city, watching movies together- you spent the entire week attached at the hip and now you were at the airport holding onto Demi for dear life.

She was holding onto you just as tightly, not wanting to let you go. You buried your face in her neck and breathed in the sweet scent of her perfume, one she sprayed across a couple of the shirts you'd always wore when you were apart so you could smell her on your skin even when she wasn't there. She kissed your head and that's when you lost it. You sniffles as quietly as possible trying not to let Demi know you were crying, but she could tell you were. She rubbed her hands up and down your back and scratched the skin lightly, tingles going down your body. "Aw baby. Please don't cry, I hate it when you cry." "Demi I don't want you to go." She tried to fight back the tears but felt one stream down her cheek. "I know princess." "Please don't go. Please Demi." "Hey, look at me, beautiful girl." You looked into her beautiful eyes through your tears and noticed that she was crying too. "I love you so much princess. I won't be gone long, I promise you. One month baby girl, that's all. Princess I need you to be strong for me, okay?" You rested your forehead against hers and nodded through the tears, her hands still gently rubbing your back. That's when you heard her quietly singing 'nightingale' in your ear making you smile a small smile as you buried your face in her hoodie. That's where you stayed for another ten minutes before she had to let you go, her holding your hand until she physically couldn't anymore.

One month. Just one fucking month. You prayed it would just fly by because even one day without her was excruciating.