Records

Demi loved going to the record stores near her home. It was one place she could go to where people didn't really recognize her often, a place she could just browse around for new records and soak up her love for music.

She looked around the store. It was mostly empty aside from a couple other customers and workers, including you. That's when she noticed you. She saw you organizing the records, trying to get them back in order. She cleared her throat and tried to slow down her heart rate, going over to the row across from you and searching the records. She wasn't sure what she was looking for. Honestly she wasn't really in search of anything at this point, she just wanted to get your attention and get to know you better.

You were directly across from her at this point and she knew now was her chance to make a move. She cleared her throat again and took a deep breath before grabbing your attention. "Excuse me? Uh do you know of any good records? I need some suggestions. I like pretty much every genre so I'm not picky." She gave you a big smile and you felt your knees buckle underneath you, but you tried to play it cool. You smiled back at her and nodded your head, walking over to the row behind you and pulling out a record. Tell me you love me. Demi giggled and shook her head. "So I think this one is pretty great. Lots of great songs on there." You giggled and Demi could've swore it was the most angelic sound she'd ever heard.

"So you're a fan?" You nodded your head and took a look at the records in that row, going over and placing them back in the spots they belong. Demi followed you around like a lost puppy and you had to bite your lip to stop yourself from laughing. "So do you actually have any good records though?" She couldn't stop herself. She wanted to get every chance to get to know you better. You led her over and picked up one of your favorites. Pray for the wicked by Panic! At The Disco. "This is actually my favorite." You handed it over to her, your hand touching hers and it made both of your heart race. "This is great. Thank you." You nodded your head and walked her over to the register, helping her check out. "So What's your name?" You smiled at her and pointed at your name tag making her blush. "
"y/n." She repeated it over and over in her mind, looking at you shyly and locking eyes with you.

"so y/n would you maybe like to go out with me sometime? You seem really cool and I'd really like to get to know you better." You blushed, smiling widely and whispering 'yes'. You grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, writing down your number for her and sliding it towards her. "Just call me." You smiled at her once more, Demi trying to keep her balance as her knees went weak. "Okay y/n, I'll see you soon." "Bye Demi." Once you saw her walk out the door you squealed excitedly, excited for her to call you and to see her again.