Broken promises

You sat on the couch in tears as time continued to pass even though you desperately wished it wouldn't. Demi was supposed to be home three hours ago but just like everyday for the past week, she was late. It was different this time though. You were supposed to go see a movie together, one you've really been looking forward to seeing since you first saw the trailer several months ago. Demi bought you the tickets as a surprise and you've really been looking forward to it, but things have changed over these past few months since she bought the tickets and it felt like she just didn't really care at this point.

You've been reminding her everyday for the past month about the movie, so she knows just how much it means to you. You felt like you were always her second priority compared to everything else. You know she's been working hard lately but that only made you even more excited for today. The movie was so important to you, not because of the movie itself, but because you were gonna get to spend time with her and that's really what you want. You feel so guilty for feeling this way. Demi is your girlfriend and you know that she loves you. But you also feel like she's losing interest in you, like you're just not as important to her as you used to be.

You got lost in your thoughts until you heard the door behind you open. Demi walked in and saw you sitting on the couch. She knew something was wrong but she couldn't tell what exactly. She slid her shoes off before walking over to where you sat. "Princess?" Her hand landed on your back and you quickly shoved her away. "Y/n? What happened?" You looked at her for the first time since she got home. There was no hiding the tears and honestly, you didn't care about hiding them. "Do you know what today is?" She thought about it for a few seconds before shaking her head. "You're serious?" She tried to wipe away the tears that continuously fell from your eyes but you pushed her hand away before she could. "Y/n what-" "we were supposed to go see that movie today. Like two hours ago." She lowered her head in shame, so frustrated with herself that she completely forgot something so important to you. "Y/n-" "stop! I don't wanna hear it anymore. Seriously Demi, you've been so distant lately with me and you come home so late these days. All I wanted to do was spend the day with you but you forgot, again. And on top of that you didn't even send me a text or call me. A little warning would've been nice."

You turned away from her and stared at the wall ahead of you. You heard a sniffle come from next to you, an indicator that Demi was crying as well. "I'm sorry. I know, I know that this was important to you. I'm sorry I forgot. I'm sorry I came home so late and that I forgot to text you or call you, I'm sorry." You felt her hand touch the back of your arm, several tears fell down your cheeks and you sobbed at the feeling of her touch. "I just feel like you're losing interest in me. Like you don't want to spend time with me." Demi pulled her hand away from your arm and moved closer to you, feeling grateful when you didn't move further away. "Don't think that princess, please. I promise you that I still love you. Fuck, I fall more and more in love with you every single day. I know things are hectic right now and I'm sorry for that but I'll make it up to you, I promise. I do want to spend time with you. I want that more than anything. I'm sorry I made you feel like that. I'm so sorry baby girl." She finished her sentence with a sob and you couldn't help but turn around and bury yourself in her embrace. "I love you so much princess. I always have and I always will. Please don't forget that." You cried on her shoulder, letting her hold you tightly as all the feelings that you've bottled up for so long now finally came out.

"I'm gonna make it up to you. I promise. I'm gonna take tomorrow off and we'll go see that movie. If you like it, we can see it more than once, I don't mind at all." You both laughed and you pulled away from her, putting your hands on her cheeks before connecting your lips with hers. "I love you princess." Demi mumbled and it made you smile when she pressed her forehead onto yours. "I love you too."