"Dance with me"

It was a quiet evening in yours and Demi's shared house. She had a few weeks off starting today and you were truly enjoying it together. Neither of you had really reached for your phones at all today, social media wasn't on either of your minds and you were loving it. You two hadn't really done much, just cuddling and watching movies together, enjoying being with one another. You were watching criminal minds as you were cuddling into Demi, her arm wrapped comfortably around your waist. Suddenly the show was paused as Demi stood up, her hand reaching out for yours. "Dance with me?" "But there's no music?" "Who says we need music to dance princess?" You smiled and bit your lip before grabbing her hand and standing up, your chest resting against hers and your arms on her shoulders, hers wrapped around your back as you rested your forehead on hers.

You opened your eyes to look into her beautiful brown ones making you feel weak in the knees. "I'm sorry we haven't been able to do this for a while." "What? Slow dance? Demi, it's okay." "No not this, though I'm really enjoying it. But rather just.. being here with you. I've been so busy and so caught up with everything but you always understand that." "Because this makes you happy babe, and you being happy makes me happy. You come home to me every night. Sure, you might be completely drained of energy but you always ask me if I had a good day and you tell me that you love me and you hold me so tightly yet so gently which makes me feel so safe... just falling asleep next to you while listening to your heartbeat is enough for me." She smiled and kissed your forehead as you buried your face in her shoulder, your lips pressing against her neck. "I really fucking love you. You know that, right?" "I know Demi. I love you too. So much." She kissed your lips before she pulled away a few seconds later to rest her forehead on your shoulder, quietly humming 'nightingale' as you two continued to slow dance while the moonlight shined through the curtains.