Low self esteem

You stared at your reflection in the mirror. A few minutes ago you were happy, excited even. Demi had surprised you with a dress you'd really been wanting and when you pulled it out of the bag you were shocked, in a good way of course.

But now you felt differently. You'd been wanting this dress for so long but now you hated it, or maybe you just hated the way you looked in it. Either way you wished you could tell Demi to take it back, but you knew she'd ask questions which would lead to a breakdown. You didn't want that. So instead you slid the dress off your body, taking your eyes away from the mirror and looking at your feet instead, not wanting to feel even more insecure. Demi walked upstairs slowly, she was so excited to see you in the dress but when she stood in the doorway she saw it was on the floor. Normally she wouldn't complain but she saw how you were looking at yourself and it made her heart break. She walked up behind you very slowly and very quietly not wanting to startle you. She wrapped her arms around your waist as you stood there looking at yourself in the mirror and crying at what you saw.

"My baby. Why do you do this to yourself?" "I don't know. I just.. I hate myself Demi. I hate the way I look." "What are you talking about y/n? Why? How? How can you hate yourself? You are so so beautiful, my love. So insanely beautiful and I love every single thing about you. Don't you like the dress baby?" She noticed the dress at your feet, looking back up at you and frowning as she saw you shake your head no. "Why not?" "Because I look ugly in it!" "You? Ugly? Princess you're perfect, absolutely fucking perfect. So beautiful inside and out." "What about my curves?" "Baby I love your curves. They're beautiful. You're beautiful." She leaned in to kiss your neck as more tears ran down your cheeks. "Princess.. don't you see it? How beautiful you are? I know sometimes you feel like you aren't but you are. Your curves, your freckles, your little dimples on your back, your thighs... everything about you is beautiful. Please don't ever forget that." She continued kissing down your neck, smiling when she opened her eyes to see you nod your head. With a smile on her face she bent down to grab the dress off of the floor by your feet, standing up to slide it over your head.

When it was on your body she smiled and wrapped her arms around your stomach this time, kissing your shoulder. "See? Beautiful."