"I know you" (requested)

A/N: this was requested SO long ago so thank you to the person who requested it for being so patient with me. I'm sorry it took me so long! Pretty sure I'm gonna be returning to publishing new chapters everyday again so message me if there's something you would like to see specifically written!

****
The day had finally arrived. The day where you're finally marrying the love of your life. To say you're excited is an understatement. You didn't sleep last night because you couldn't stop imagining about what the future might hold for you and Demi.

You held onto the bouquet in your hands and you fiddled with the lace on your dress. It was beautiful, the dress of your wildest dreams and it made you feel like a princess wearing it. You heard the piano starting, the tune of 'here comes the bride' beginning to play. The doors opened and everyone gasped making you lower your head as blush coated your cheeks. You walked down the aisle, slowly yet elegantly, over to where Demi was waiting for you. She smiled at you and you grabbed her hands, both of you looking into each other's eyes lovingly.

Demi was looking slightly nervous as the minister began to speak, asking Demi the normal questions. Your heart dropped when Demi stood there speechless, nothing coming out of her mouth whatsoever. She let go of your hands making you feel sick to your stomach, as if she was letting go of you. "Demi?" She looked around at everyone in the room with a horrified expression on her face before looking back at you, the words that escaped from her lips tearing your heart into a million little pieces. "I can't do this. I'm sorry." She grabbed the bottom of her dress before running out of the room, leaving you in tears as everyone stared at you, gossiping amongst themselves.

***
It's been about four months since Demi's been back in la, going back to Texas to get away from everything and everyone for a while, including you. But now that she's back it's like everything has changed. Nothing looked the same or felt the same. The sun was shining down, as it did almost everyday in la, but it felt... wrong. She felt like she didn't deserve the sun on her skin, not after what she did to you.

Everyday since leaving you at the alter was a day filled with regret for Demi. She wanted to call you but she didn't because she could never find the words, or the strength to say the words that she had thought of. She sat in the car outside of her house that you two used to share together; a place where you laughed and loved together. A place filled with so much happiness and promises. Something she destroyed. Fuck. You deserve so much better than that, and yet she couldn't stop herself. She decided she was ready to talk, to speak from her heart. So she picked up her phone and took a deep breath before clicking on your contact. She waited and waited for you to answer, except, you never did. She listened to the familiar voicemail, her heart skipping a few beats at the sound of your voice alone. She realized that it had beeped several seconds ago and she was leaving a voice mail of pure silence. She hung up the phone before she held it close to her chest, closing her eyes as she replayed the sound of your voice over and over and over again. She had to fix this and she'd do whatever it took. That she swore to herself.

She drove over to Sirah's, a place where she thought you might be, and even if you weren't she was close with her and it would be nice to catch up with her again. Demi knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before Sirah opened it, a shocked expression on her face that quickly turned to anger. "What are you doing here?" Demi stood there in shock, about to answer when Sirah grabbed her arm and rugged her inside. "You have quite the nerve being here right now." Demi quirked her eyebrows up in confusion. Why was she so upset at her? Sure, she fucked up, but she hasn't even had the chance to explain herself yet. "Look I know I made a huge mistake but I promise I'll fix it! I'm just waiting for y/n to call me back! As soon as she does I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make this up to her!" Sirah looked at her again, this time a look of horror and despair on her face. "Y-You haven't heard?" Demi shook her head, more confused than ever before. "Demi, y/n's in treatment. She's been drinking heavily and she's become addicted to prescription medication."