"There's nothing to be afraid of"

You felt yourself slowly awakening from the deep sleep you were in, your eyes slowly fluttering open then closed again when you saw the light shining through the dark room. The lamp on Demi's side of the bed was on and you could hear her whispering to herself. "Demi?" You rolled over to face her and sat up when you saw that she was sitting up on the bed, tears streaming down her face. You scooted closer to her and rubbed her back, one of her soft and shaky hands was reaching out for yours and you grabbed it gently. "What's wrong?" "I had a nightmare. A really bad nightmare, y/n it was fucking awful." "Shh calm down Demi. It's okay." You wrapped her in your arms and you could feel her tears soaking through your shirt. You didn't really know what to do and you didn't wanna force her into opening up about the nightmare so you bit your tongue and continued to comfort her. "Demi, you're safe baby. I've got you." She took a couple shaky breaths but nodded her head against your chest, her hands clinging onto you for dear life.

She pulled away a couple minutes later, her eyes red and puffy from crying and her breathing still a little shaky. "Do you wanna tell me what your nightmare was about?" "You died. Y/N, something took you and I-I tried to help you and save you b-but by the time I got to you it was..." "okay. Demi it's okay. I'm still here, yeah? I'm not gonna go anywhere. You're safe, I'm safe, everything's fine." She nodded her head and you reached over to turn the lamp off. She laid her head down on your stomach and closed her eyes but they'd flutter open after a few seconds. "Demi it's okay. There's nothing to be scared of. I love you. You're safe." She nodded her head and mumbled an 'I love you too' against your skin before she closed her eyes once more, this time keeping them closed as she fell back into a deep sleep. You rested your head against the pillow and sighed, closing your eyes and falling back asleep.