"I could never forget you" (requested)

{y/f/n= your first name}
{y/l/n= your last name}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You smiled as you prepared dinner for you and Demi. Today was your two year anniversary and you were feeling happier than ever. She had to finish a couple last minute things for her new album but she had promised to be home for dinner. Suddenly you heard your phone ringing making you answer it quickly, thinking it was Demi saying she might be a little late because she got caught up in the studio. "Hey Demi-" "hello is this y/f/n  y/l/n" "yes who is this?" "I'm a nurse at a hospital downtown. I'm calling because you are the emergency contact on Demi's phone. We've called to inform you that she's been in an accident." Your heart dropped and you grabbed your keys, racing to your car to drive to the hospital.

You weren't sure what you were expecting to see or hear when you got there but it most definitely wasn't to find out that Demi was in a coma. You sat beside the hospital bed in a chair, your hands holding onto hers as you began to break down. It felt like some terrible dream. This couldn't be happening, especially not today. Not on your anniversary. No one was sure of how things would turn out. Doctors and nurses telling you that things were 50/50 as you sat there crying, the sight in front of you too hard to bear. Weeks went by and Demi had showed a little progress but had yet to wake up. Her family and close friends were now there with you everyday just hoping and praying that she'd wake up. You hardly moved from the chair beside her. You didn't want to risk leaving and not being there if something happened. You only left here and there to shower and maybe get some food but you weren't worried about anything you normally worried about. Nothing was as important as Demi.

Your eyes were closed as the sounds of small snores and incoherent mumbling was heard in the room coming from her family and friends. You suddenly felt her hand, that was intertwined with yours, move. The slight movement was enough to make you jump, your heart racing at the realization that something had happened and when you opened your eyes all the way you were met with your favorite pair of brown eyes. "Demi!" You screamed, everyone waking up when they heard the sound before they all jumped to their feet to gather around her. Her hand slipped away from yours as she slowly sat up asking what had happened. Once it was explained everyone had tried to give her the biggest hug before they slowly stepped away so she could talk to you. "Oh my god Demi! I'm so happy you're awake! It's been too long and I was so worried about you and-" "um I-I'm sorry... who are you?" Your heart dropped, looking around the room as everyone looked at her worriedly. "Wh-What are you talking about? Demi I'm your girlfriend y/n. We've been together for two years now." She looked at you before looking at everyone else. She wasn't faking, she was genuinely confused and you excused yourself from the room, walking out and heading home to clear your head for a bit.

A couple days had passed by and you hadn't heard from anyone. You had told everyone you just needed some space and to let you know if she had remembered you, but two days had gone by and so far, nothing. You were depressed, trying to do anything to take your mind off of your own girlfriend not remembering you. You tried to put yourself in her shoes and think about how you'd feel if you were in her position, but you just couldn't imagine not remembering her. There was no way you could ever forget about her. Silence. It was so silent that it was haunting. You couldn't do anything but stare blankly at the wall, you just didn't know how she could forget about you, about everything you two had done together, all the moments you shared together. She was your safe harbor and you felt like that was gone now. A few more days went by before you heard the front door downstairs opening and closing making you snap out of all of your thoughts. Someone was in your house and you weren't sure who. Suddenly Demi appeared in the doorway, her hospital gown in her hands, a pair of loose sweatpants and her favorite sweater on her body. You were in shock... you had to be dreaming. You noticed that she was on crutches and she for sure had to be in pain, but she walked over to you as quickly as possible before letting the crutches fall onto the floor, her arms wrapping around you tightly. "Oh my baby!" She kisses your neck a couple times as you sat there, still in complete shock. "what are you doing here?" "I remember you. I remember everything princess."

You felt a tear fall down your face as you buried your face in the crook of her neck, her lips going to kiss your shoulder blades softly. "When?" "Just a little while ago. I told them I had to go, I had to find you. I thought maybe you'd try to, you know, hurt yourself or something." You kissed all over her face making her laugh, your heartbeat speeding up at the infectious sound. "I thought you'd forgotten about me, about us." "Princess I could never ever forget about you. I love you more than anything else in the world." You smiled and leaned in to kiss her lips before resting your forehead on hers, your eyes looking into her deep beautiful brown eyes. They were mesmerizing, more beautiful than ever before. "Can we do a make up date for our two year anniversary?" You laughed and nodded your head before pulling her into your arms. "Anything you want Demi. Anything." You felt her smile against your neck. Your girl was back in your arms and you swore to yourself right then and there that you'd never ever take that for granted.