She's sleepy

You couldn't help but smile when you felt Demi rest her head on your lap, curling up on you like a little kitten. You giggled and ran your fingers through her hair, smiling when you heard her hum out in contentment. She's been working so damn hard lately, apologizing for leaving so early in the morning and coming home so late, but it didn't bother you much. Sure, you missed her a lot, but she was working hard and passionately and you supported her no matter what.

Having nights like this made up for her being gone so often anyways. You swore that there was not a single sight that was more precious than what you were currently faced with, and you couldn't turn away. You saw her eyes close as you continued to stroke her hair softly, a cute little giggle escaped her lips as she sighed. "I'm sorry I'm so tired baby. I miss spending time with my favorite girl." You smiled and kissed her forehead softly, admiring how amazing she was. "It's okay baby. I know you've been working hard. Go to sleep sweetheart, I'm right here." You pecked her cheeks and heard her sigh. You knew that she was trying to fight it, wanting more than anything to just spend time with you, but she couldn't fight it anymore. She was just too sleepy.

So she gave in. She let herself be drifted off to sleep, the sound of the tv that had been quietly playing in the background began to fade out. She couldn't focus on anything else except for the exhaustion that had taken over and the feeling of your fingers in her hair, the feeling of that making her feel even more relaxed. She knew that you'd continue to hold her in her arms and never let her go and before she knew it, she'd fallen into dreamland once again.

You couldn't stop staring at her. She looked so peaceful and innocent. You loved knowing that she felt comfortable falling asleep on your lap, knowing that you'd always keep her safe, because you loved her so much and she'd always do the same for you. You watched her breathing even out and listened to the cute little whimpers that she made in her sleep, marveling at how beautiful she was and how lucky you were to call her yours. You kissed her forehead once more before closing your eyes and drifting off to sleep yourself, holding Demi in your arms the entire time.