Breakups

You sniffled as more tears fell down your cheeks. It felt so unreal. After nearly a year together, your girlfriend, Grace, had broken up with you after saying she had found someone better. It was like a bad dream that you wanted to wake up from, except you knew it wasn't; the pain and tightness in your chest conformed that. You felt horrible. Not only did you spend a year together That was now suddenly over but she told you she'd found someone else. Someone better. It made you feel so worthless.

You heard a knock on your bedroom door and it made you jump. You knew it had to be someone with a key to your apartment since you lived alone, so you knew it was either a family member or Demi. Demi. You really hoped it was her because you really needed her right now. "Come in" you mumbled out, your voice barely recognizable due to how much you'd been crying. "y/n?" It was Demi. You sobbed and Demi ran over to you, laying down on your bed next to you and pulling you into her arms. "Are you okay? What happened?" You continued to sob, your tears landing right on her collarbones but she didn't mind. Something was clearly bothering you and it broke her heart to see you like that. "She broke up with me." You sobbed into her shirt, Demi sighing sadly before shaking her head and rubbing your back. Truth be told, she had never really ever liked Grace. But she always kept that to herself because as much as Demi loved you, she wanted you to be happy, and for the longest time Grace did make you happy, until now.

"I'm so sorry y/n-" "she said she found someone better." Demi grabbed your chin in her hands and wiped away your tears, confused at how someone could be so stupid. Someone better... than you? That was impossible. "That's bullshit." You shook your head and continued to cry, unashamed of crying in front of Demi because she never judged you for anything like that. "That's what she said-" "well she's wrong. She's so fucking wrong, y/n. There's no one better than you on this earth. Not a single soul." You scoffed and tried to look away from her deep brown eyes that were staring into yours, because they were making you feel weak in the knees. "I'm serious y/n. You're beautiful and smart. You're so goddamn kind and loving, so genuine and selfless. You care so deeply about others and you have the most radiant smile I've ever seen." Her words tugged at your heart. You wanted to believe her but you didn't feel like you could. "Yeah right. I'm a mess right now, Demi. Who the fuck would ever love me right now?"

Demi stopped in her tracks and took a sharp breath before stroking your face with her hand, closing her eyes and opening them again, ready to tell you the secret she's kept from you for years now. "I do. I do, y/n. I think you're beautiful despite the fact that mascara is falling down your face and you have a few bumps on your skin. I think you're as beautiful as you've always been." You stared at her, noticing the look in her eyes that told you that she was serious. Despite the fact that you just got out of a relationship, you couldn't stop yourself from doing what you did next. You leaned forward and kissed her. Her lips were so soft against yours. One of her hands cupped your jaw while the other traveled to your hair, pulling it a little bit not enough to hurt you.

You pulled away, oh so slowly, and you let your lips brush against hers. She could feel your breath fanning against her lips and she could still taste your watermelon lip gloss on her lips. "You mean it? You love me? Really love me?" Demi smiled at you and nodded her head, her fingers running through your hair. "Of course I do, y/n. How could I not? You're absolutely amazing. I've loved you for so long now but I never told you because you were with, y'know who, and I didn't wanna fuck things up-" you giggled at her before kissing her again, this time shorter but just as passionate as before. "You talk too much." You both giggled before you kissed her forehead, resting your head on her shoulder as you mumbled the words that she'd wanted to hear for so long now. "I love you too Demi. So fucking much."