Storms

You shot up in bed when you heard the loud crash, your heart beginning to race as the thunder crashed again and again. You looked over and saw that Demi was still asleep so you decided to lay back down and try to fall back asleep yourself. You closed your eyes only to open them when you jumped at the sound of the thunder. You had a fear of thunderstorms, thunder being a huge fear of yours. Demi was always understanding of your fear and normally tried to comfort you, but tonight she was so exhausted she was just sleeping through it. You pulled the covers over your head and tried to keep yourself calm but you were anxious and scared; your hands were shaking, your body was trembling, and you jumped everytime you heard the thunder.

A couple minutes went by and you had yet to hear the thunder so you pulled the covers off your head and sat up, looking around the dark room before you felt relieved enough to fall back asleep. Right when you closed your eyes the thunder crashed again, this time louder than before and you shrieked, curling up close to Demi. You felt her move before she opened her eyes. She was about to ask you what was wrong when she heard the thunder. She heard you whine and she knew you were afraid, her arms wrapping around your thighs to pull you on top of her. She wrapped her arm around you and pushed your body as close to hers as it would go, your ear resting over her heart. "Did I wake you?" She heard you whisper and even though you did, she didn't have the heart to tell you. So she shook her head and ran her fingers across your back, tracing shapes across your skin.

"You okay, princess?" You lifted your head up at the sound of her voice. She was clearly worried about you. You could tell by the tone of her voice. "Yeah." You whispered, now more focused on the feeling of her hands on your back and the sound of her voice. "You sure?" You stayed quiet this time, Demi taking that as a no. "You don't have anything to be scared of baby. I'm right here with you. I won't let anything hurt you." Demi felt you relax at her words and she pressed a few kisses to your neck. "Tell me about yourself." You giggled at her in response, confused at what she meant, because you've been dating for over a year now and she knows everything about you. "Demi you already know everything there is to know." Demi laughed and ran one of her hands across your right side, admiring how soft your skin is. "Tell me again. Tell me every dream, every fear, all the things that make you happy. Just tell me about them."

The thunder crashed again and again but you didn't notice. Demi had managed to distract you and she was loving it. She loved how you talked about all the dreams you had and all the things that made you happy. "My family, my friends, you." She smiled when she heard you say that, getting lost in the sound of your voice. "I love you a lot, you know that?" She rested her forehead on yours and you kissed her soft lips, her hands trailing up and down your body even after you pulled away and rested your head on her chest. It was a few minutes later when you started to slur your words a bit, Demi knowing that was a telltale sign you were getting tired. She looked out the window and saw that the rain was falling down, the lightening striking down making the room light up just enough to see your sleeping face. She kissed your forehead and continued to stroke your back and sides, laying her head back on her pillow and pulling the blankets over you both before she closed her eyes, feeling good that she was holding you in her arms and made you feel safe.