Nightmares and anxiety

It was like your feet were glued to the floor. You tried to run away but you couldn't. It was like you were stuck. The dark figure got closer to you making your breathing hitch in your throat. It was then when you realized you couldn't scream. You tried. You tried so hard but when you opened your mouth nothing came out. The figure kept coming closer making you close your eyes and right when they were about to hurt you... your eyes opened.

You shot up in bed, your body sticky from sweat and your breathing labored. You felt like you couldn't breathe and you gasped for air. You looked over in bed and saw Demi was still sleeping, a sigh of relief escaping your lips when you saw her looking so relaxed and angelic. You stroked her hair softly before sighing and getting up to go downstairs. You were in need of a nice cold glass of water, your throat dry and slightly sore. You filled up a cup with some water before standing at the counter, your head resting on your forearms as you tried to take some deep breaths. You jumped when you felt a hand on your back. "Hey shhh. Princess it's just me. You alright baby?" You shook your head, the tears welling up in your eyes as you thought about the nightmare again.

You turned around and buried your head in the soft fabric of Demi's hoodie. It made you feel calm, it smelled like her and she was holding you so tightly yet so gently in her arms and you could just tell that she was worried about you. "Oh baby girl. What happened? Did you have another nightmare?" You nodded your head yes, the tears falling from your eyes onto her hoodie as her nails pressed into the skin under your soft t-shirt that you were wearing, your skin tingling from her nails on your skin. "It was horrible Demi." She kissed your head and rocked you in her arms, slowly backing up to the living room and to the couch. You felt her sit down and she pulled you on her lap afterwards, her hands still on your back as you continued to cry.

"My poor baby. Do you wanna talk about it?" "No. Just hold me." She nodded her head, kissing your collarbone softly before pecking your forehead. "Okay. I will baby." "Please don't leave me." "Never, lovely. I will never ever leave you. I promise you that." You buried your face in her neck and inhaled her sweet scent, your favorite body wash of hers was on her skin and you felt relaxed. Your breathing beginning to even out as Demi continued to hold you in her arms, her hand dancing delicately against your soft skin making you feel better, calmer. You felt your eyes close again and it felt like only seconds later when you felt your body being lifted, your thighs automatically wrapping around her waist as she carried you upstairs to bed.

You felt safe. That's all you could feel was safe. You knew nothing could hurt you, nothing would ever hurt you. Demi was there to take care of you and protect you at all costs and you knew that even though things could scare you in your sleep, they would never happen to you in real life. Demi loved you too much to ever let you get hurt.