Lights out

You were snuggled up under your blankets while you watched a scary movie on Netflix. It was winter which means it's colder than you wished it was and unfortunately tonight, it was snowing hard. You jumped as something popped out in the film before everything went dark, all the lights in your house going out making you scream. You jumped again when your phone rang, feeling relieved when you saw Demi's name on the screen. "Demi!" You said quickly making Demi giggle. "Yeah princess, it's me. Did you lose power too?" "Yeah. I'm a little scared. I was watching a scary movie and something popped out right as the power went out." You heard Demi laugh before you heard her grab her keys. "It's okay baby girl. I'm gonna come over, okay?" "But the weather-" "don't worry baby. I'll be okay. I'll be like ten minutes." You smiled to yourself, thanking your lucky stars that you had someone like Demi. "Okay. Be safe." "I will. I'll see you in a few minutes princess." You heard her close her car door before her engine started and she hung up.

You hated to admit it, but you were scared. You hugged your knees close to your chest as you waved your phone around the room, the flashlight turned on as you took some labored breaths. You heard your front door open and close, Demi's voice echoing through your kitchen before you heard her footsteps in the living room. You shined the flashlight over to her before dropping your phone and running over to her. You wrapped your arms around her neck and hugged her body close, her arms wrapping around your back as she kissed along your shoulder. "It's okay princess. I'm here now." You kissed her cheek before letting her go, smiling when you saw a bag in her hands. "What's that?" She smirked at you before she laughed, grabbing your hand and walking over to the couch. "Just a few things I brought." She said when you sat down on the couch. She pulled out a few candles and a lighter as well as a fuzzy blanket and a couple snacks. "Figured we could just cuddle together, light some candles, and enjoy being present with each other." You smiled at her and kissed her before going to the light the candles. "You won't try to scare me at all tonight, will you?" Demi laughed and shook her head, pulling you into her arms to keep you warm.

"I'm cold." You mumbled as you pulled the blanket up further around you. Demi tightened her arms around you, laying down on the couch before pulling you on top of her. She wrapped the blanket up around you and made sure that it was covering every inch of your body to keep you warm before she raised your shirt a bit to slide her fingers under it. You jumped when her fingers actually touched your skin making her look at you worryingly. "Your fingers are cold." She laughed and kissed your head before mumbling out an apology against your hair. "I love you so much. You look stunning in this candlelight" She whispered. "Thank you baby. I love you too. I can't imagine my life without you." Demi kissed your shoulder a bit before looking back at you to find that your eyes were closed. "Sweet dreams baby girl." She whispered, turning her face to rest it against the couch before closing her eyes and falling asleep with you.