Your child is sick

I've noticed how much you guys like these types of chapters so I decided to write another! It took me a little while to get it done but it was so fun to write! I hope you guys love reading this as much as I loved writing it! 🌸💗

~~~~~~~~~

You were pulled out of your sleep to a small voice whispering out for you and a tiny hand tapping your arm. "Mommy?" You opened your eyes to find your little girl, Sophia, standing by your bed with tears in her eyes. You pushed the blankets off of you and turned on the lamp to see how pale your small three year old was. "Oh sweetie. What's wrong?" She cried softly and reached out for you. When you scooped her up and onto your lap she pooped her arms around your neck and softly cried in to your skin, the sound of feeling of her body shaking as she sobbed made your heart break. "Don't feel good." She mumbled in to your neck. It was then when you noticed just how warm she was. She definitely had a fever and her favorite pajamas that she insisted she wear almost every night were covered in a thin layer of sweat.

You got out of bed and walked into her room that was right across the hall from yours and Demi's. You flipped her light switch on and laid her down in her bed. You went to cover her up with her favorite princess blanket but she only kicked it off as she rubbed her tired eyes and told you that she was too hot. "Too hot mommy." You pulled it off from her body the rest of the way and felt her forehead; she most definitely had a fever and it wasn't a low grade one. "Oh sweetie. You stay here, I'll be right back." You got up but quickly sat back down where tiny hand grabbed yours as tears formed in her eyes again. "No don't go." You sighed and ran your fingers through her hair, deciding that you had no choice but to go wake up Demi.

When you mentioned that to Sophia her eyes lit up for the first time so far. She was normally a happy and bubbly little girl so seeing her smile made you feel a little better. There wasn't any better feeling than that to you. You walked back into your bedroom and woke up Demi. As much as you hated to do it, you needed her help since Sophia wanted you by her side. "Hmm? Y/n what's wrong?" She sat up in bed and adjusted to the light from the lamp that you had left on earlier. "I need your help with Sophia. She's sick and she wants me to stay with her but I need to maybe get her some medicine and I definitely need to check her fever." "Yeah of course I can princess." She kissed your cheek before you both walked out of the bedroom, you went into Sophia's room and Demi went in the bathroom to grab the thermometer.

Sophia was snuggled up with her teddy bear as she squirmed around on the bed. "Baby?" You whispered walking into her room. "Mommy" She whined as she reached out for you. You crawled onto her bed and she curled up on you as she whined over how miserable she felt. It hurt to see her like this. She meant everything in the world to you and seeing her in any kind of pain or seeing her upset always made you wish it was you instead of her. Demi walked into the room and saw Sophia curled up on you. She instantly knew something was wrong with her.

She laid on the bed next to you as Sophia settled in between the two of you as you stuck the thermometer under her tongue. She reached for yours and Demi's hands, holding your free one in her right one and Demi's right one in her left as she giggled for the first time that night when she noticed how much bigger your guys's fingers were to hers. "101.1" you muttered before Demi took the thermometer from you and held it in her other hand as Sophia asked you to rub her tummy because it hurt. "If she's worse in the morning we'll take her to the doctors." You hummed in agreement and looked down to find Sophia had fallen asleep. You and Demi ended up falling back asleep shortly after.

You were awoken to Sophia tugging on your shirt as she cried which made you wake up in a heartbeat, the panic washing through you when you heard her crying, your mind instantly jumping to worst case scenario. You opened your eyes to find Sophia drenched in sweat and her bottom lip was quivering. "Oh my baby. What's wrong huh?" She crawled onto your lap and cried in to your sweater, her tears making your shirt a little wet but you didn't care about that at all. "Feel bad mommy" she cried and you reached your hand over to wake up Demi. "Demi somethings wrong." Her eyes shot open and she looked at you, her heart feeling as if it crept up her throat when she saw Sophia crying in your lap. She adjusted her body so she could get a little closer to Sophia and she rubbed her back, her little sobs making you feel like you wanted to cry with her. "Maybe we should take her to the doctors?" Demi suggested and you nodded your head, unsure of what time it was but if you needed to you would take her to the hospital.

Sophia practically begged you to stay in the backseat with her and so you did as Demi drive Sophia to the doctors. It was 9am and you were running on probably five hours of sleep but that wasn't anything abnormal when it came to being a mom. When you finally arrived at the doctors you picked up Sophia and she held onto you tightly with one hand as she held Demi's hand with the other. It was as if she needed to have constant contact with the two of you, holding you both in some way because deep down, she's never really felt like this and it scared her like it would scare any child. She started to sneeze a few minutes later once you had checked in and were sitting in the waiting room. There were toys and stuff that in most cases, like normal checkups, Sophia would play with them but all she wanted was for you and Demi to hold her.

Once the doctor called her back and did the normal things like weighing her and checking her height, which Sophia was so excited about when she found out she had grown a couple more inches, they settled you back into a room where the nurse checked her temperature which was now a degree higher than it was last night and asked you and Demi a few questions before walking out of the room. Sophia has fallen asleep on your lap and it made you giggle as you stroked her hair. She felt so miserable and it was so nice to see her getting some rest. "She'll be okay y/n." Demi promised as she ran her hand up and down your arm to try to bring you some comfort.

The doctor came in a few minutes later which meant you had to wake Sophia up, which she wasn't happy about. The doctor complimented Sophia's pajamas and let her play with his stethoscope which she loved as she made everyone laugh. The doctor diagnosed her with a pretty bad cold and told you the basics like keeping her hydrated and letting her rest as much as possible. On the way home Sophia insisted that you stop at McDonald's for lunch and she ended up crashing afterwards which made it easy to carry her up to bed. You stood in the doorway and watched her sleep for a few minutes until a pair of arms wrapped around your waist. "She's alright princess." You nodded and leaned your head back on Demi's shoulder. "We'll get through this just like we get through everything else, one step at a time. Now, she's sleeping so you need to get some sleep too."

She pressed some kisses across your shoulder and it made you giggle as she walked backwards into the bedroom. You laid down on the bed with Demi as she tucked you under her arms, whispering about how much she loves her two favorite girls as you drifted off to sleep.