bonding with your child

Sophia held onto Demi's hand with her smaller one as they walked into the ice cream shop together. Sophia was giggling and looking around at all the different flavors with wide eyes. She was so happy and Demi was smiling from ear to ear seeing her like that. Demi put Sophia on her hip and she laughed, looking at the one particular flavor that caught her eye. "See the one you want?" Sophia nodded her head excitedly, pointing at the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor. "That one!" Demi ordered it for her but Sophia interrupted her when Demi told them that a small cone was fine. "No I want the big one!"

Demi laughed and pushed some of Sophia's curls away from her forehead. "The big one? Sweetie, it's almost bigger than you!" She pressed some kisses to Sophia's cheeks as she laughed and squirmed around in her arms. Demi knew there was no way Sophia would be able to finish the big one but when Sophia pouted at her, looking at her with her big beautiful eyes, the ones that mirrored yours, she couldn't say no. "Okay, give her the big one." Sophia cheered and reached out to grab it when it was made. "Thank you!"

Demi took her bowl of ice cream and walked over to a booth. Sophia crawled in and Demi slid in beside her. She was making quite the mess, chocolate was all over her face but Demi couldn't help but take a photo of it to show you later. "Mommy" Sophia said making Demi look up at her. As soon as she did she was met with Sophia's ice cream cone in her face. Sophia's laugh was heard all around the shop, only a couple other customers were there and they laughed along with Sophia. Demi started laughing too, her heart feeling so full of love for this little girl that she could never imagine her life without.

Demi grabbed a napkin and started wiping her face only to feel two little fingers tapping her arm. She looked at Sophia to find her eyeing Demi's ice cream. "You want some?" Sophia nodded her head, her baby teeth showing as her eyes lit up and she smiled. Demi scooped out a spoonful of her ice cream and put the spoon in Sophia's mouth, her little giggles echoing throughout the shop once more.

Soon enough, Demi had finished her ice cream, with Sophia's help, and Sophia had gotten too full of Demi's to finish hers. She picked Sophia up and grabbed the garbage, throwing it away before taking Sophia to the car and buckling her up. She kissed her head before closing the door and getting in the car. About halfway through the drive home Demi looked in the rearview mirror to see that Sophia had fallen asleep.

When she pulled into the driveway and unbuckled Sophia to take her inside, Sophia leaned her head on Demi's shoulder and rubbed her eyes. "There's my two favorite girls!" Demi kissed your cheek before turning around to show you Sophia. You kissed her forehead and smiled at Demi. "I'm gonna put her to bed." You nodded and sat down on the couch, waiting for Demi to come back downstairs.

The entire evening was filled with Demi showing you the pictures she took of Sophia and telling you all the stories of their time at the ice cream shop together. It was the meaning of your life and you wouldn't want it any other way.