Home

Moving out of the apartment you've lived in for the past three years of your life was difficult but you were ready for this new chapter. Demi asked you a couple weeks ago to move in with her and at first you were in shock and a little hesitant, but you eventually said yes. Demi was overjoyed when you told her that you wanted to move in with her.

So a few days later you started moving some small things, taking baby steps. You started out by moving your clothes and a few sentimental things before moving things in boxes and a few pieces of furniture that you didn't want to get rid of which was totally fine with Demi.

But now, today you were handing your key over to your landlord. You took one final look at your now empty apartment, the memories you shared with your friends and Demi flooding back in your mind. You felt a pair of arms wrap around your stomach from behind and a few soft kisses scattered across your neck. "You okay baby?" Demi whispered in your ear. She knew that this was a huge step for you as it was for anyone and she didn't want you to regret it. "Yeah I'm alright. Just thinking back to all the memories I had here." Demi giggled against your skin as she thought about everything you two did together when she'd stay over at your tiny apartment. It was barely big enough for you, let alone another person but you two always worked through it.

"Are you sure you wanna do this y/n? It's a really big step." You turned around and looked around you then at your girlfriend. You could tell she was nervous. She was nervous that you'd back out and change your mind. You kissed the corner of her lips, her eyes locked on yours. "Don't you think it's a little late to change my mind? I mean everything's at your house now." You saw her lower her head as if she was disappointed at your response, fearing you were changing your mind. "Hey Demi, I'm just joking. I'm sure. I'm absolutely positive. I know I've spent a few years of my life here but this was bound to happen at one point or another. I'm ready for this." She let out a sigh of relief and gave you a sweet kiss on your lips. "I just don't want you to regret it. This is your home." "No Demi, it isn't. You're my home. You make everywhere we are together feel like home. Halfway across the world thousands of miles away from home still always feels like home because I was with you. This was my temporary home, you're my permanent one. I love you so much and I'm never going to regret this." She chuckled softly and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear before she kissed your forehead. "I love you more. You ready to go home now baby girl?" She grabbed your hand and intertwined it with hers, bringing it up to her lips and kissing it. "I'm ready."

Sure, the future can be scary and you never know what's gonna happen; but you know that Demi will always stand by you, love you, and keep you safe. This was where you were always meant to be. You were always meant to be with her.