Period mood swings

It was the smallest of things that were getting under your skin today. From the sound of your next door neighbor closing their car doors or the person who didn't bother to use their headphones at the cafe this morning. You knew it was gonna be an intense day and you were trying your hardest not to get worked up.

You were sitting on the bed reading a new book you had just bought when you felt a set of arms wrap around your stomach. "Hey princess. Whatcha reading?" "The hate u give." She nodded her head and watched your eyes travel across the pages of the book. She sighed and cuddled closer to you. After all it had been a long day and she wanted nothing more than to be close to you. You adjusted your body and continued to read until you felt a pair of lips on your neck. You sighed and bit your lip, trying to appreciate the set of soft lips on your skin. It normally made you instantly melt right into her, but today it was causing the opposite effect. "Jesus Demi! Can you just give me some space? I'm trying to read and you're really annoying me!" As soon as the words left your mouth the guilt ran right through you. You saw her look down at the floor and she was holding back tears, but she nodded her head and got up to walk downstairs, leaving you alone to think about the fact that you had just snapped at your girlfriend for the very first time.

You no longer cared about your book. You didn't feel annoyed or upset anymore, you felt guilty and you wanted nothing more than to hold Demi in your arms. You sighed and pushed your stubbornness and pride aside before walking downstairs. You saw her on the couch with her feet propped up on the coffee table, her fingers on the remote as she flipped through the tv channels. You walked over to her and sat down behind her, burying your head into the crook of her neck and instantly murmuring apologies against her soft skin, your lips traveling delicately up and down her neck. To your surprise she giggled in response, turning the tv off and pulling you onto her lap. "What's up with you?" "My stupid period. I'm sorry I said what I said to you. You didn't deserve that. You were being sweet and I took my mood swings out on you and I'm so sorry about that." She smiled and kissed your cheek, her hands tucking your hair behind your ear and a soft kiss was placed on your nose. "It's okay, I understand how that goes. Next time just tell me that okay? If you want space I'll give you space, especially if you'll be this cuddly afterwards." You giggled and rested your forehead on hers. "I love you so much. Can we go upstairs and cuddle? Maybe watch a movie?" "I love you more and we can absolutely do that baby girl." She grabbed your hand and lead you upstairs, ready to cuddle up to her favorite girl.