broken

You hated yourself for even thinking about it. It was a huge fear of yours, something that's happened to you far too many times in your life and something you've done yourself. Leaving. You didn't wanna leave deep down, but you felt like your relationship with Demi was falling apart. You felt like it was the only option you had left. You sat on the bed with tears streaming down your face with a picture of the two of you in your hands. It was from a recent vacation the two of you took together, the last time you could remember not fighting with Demi.

You slowly got off the bed, sobs leaving your mouth as you packed a suitcase with clothes. Normally you'd steal one of Demi's sweaters and hide it in your suitcase to take her with you, wherever you were going... but not this time. You packed a small bag with your necessitieslike your toothbrush and toothpaste, your phone charger, some extra money you stowed away in case of emergencies. You took the bags downstairs and grabbed your phone from the kitchen but you stopped in your tracks when the front door open and closed. You walked into the living room and saw Demi staring at your suitcase and bag with a pained and confused expression on her face. A look that made your heart break in two. "y/n? What is this?" You didn't mean to but you scoffed, a tear falling down your cheeks and your heart breaking when you saw Demi do the same. "What does it look like Demi? I'm going home." She shook her head, sniffling and sitting down on the couch. She was too weak to stand. Her knees felt weak, like they might give out on her. She wasn't sure what to do or what to say next. "Why?" You scoffed again, ready to tell her how hard her absence has been on you. You wanted to tell her how tired you were of her staying out all night and not letting you know she was okay, or even alive... but a heartbreaking sound stopped you. A loud and painful cry that Demi let out. You looked at her small figure on the couch, she was trembling and shaking. "What can I do to fix this? To make you stay? I mean, this can't be it, y/n. You don't really mean that, do you?"

You wanted to say no more than you ever have before. You wanted to crawl into her arms and apologize repeatedly, but your mind started to race and your body entered fight or flight mode. You feared your relationship was too broken to be fixed, so you ran out the door, leaving everything behind... including your things.