"I'd never doubt you"

You sat at the kitchen counter with your laptop in front of you. You typed sentence after sentence then went back and erased each one. You tugged at your hair feeling stressed about your paper that was due in the morning. You've been sitting in the same spot for hours now and so far nothing that you've typed was seeming to be good enough.

You huffed and rubbed your eyes before you began to type again, hoping that something would come to mind because you were tired and bored, wanting to just be finished with this paper. You could hear Demi's footsteps on the stairs before she started walking over to you, her arms going around your waist as she watched you repeat the cycle you've been repeating for hours now. "Baby girl why don't you just take a break?" You shook your head and continued to type out what felt like nonsense at this point. You felt like your brain was fried and you knew deep down that a break would do you some good, but all you wanted was to finish this and part of you was hoping that if you just continued what you were doing, eventually some ideas would come to mind.

Demi's hands traveled to your shoulders and you moaned when you felt her rub your tense muscles. "You're so tense Princess. Come on, just take a break. It'll do you some good." Once again you shook your head but this time Demi was not having it. She reached over you and moved your fingers out of the way before she closed your laptop making you scoff at her. "What the hell Demi? I need to finish this!" She giggled at you and it made you roll your eyes, ready to open your laptop again only for Demi to grab your hands in hers and pull you out of your chair. "Demi!" "Stop it y/n. You need a break! You've been sitting there for hours now and you haven't gotten anything done. A break will do you some good. I'll make you something to eat and give you a nice massage, let you listen to some music that I know always relaxes you or we can watch a movie. You just need some time to think and rest. When you go back to it later, you will feel much better about it and you'll have some great ideas Princess." You looked at her for a few seconds before you nodded, smiling as Demi led you into the living room.

"I'm sorry. I know I need a break and I know I'm stubborn as hell, but I just want this to be good. I'm just stressed out. I feel like I'll never get it done which means I'm gonna fail and then-" Demi cut you off by placing her lips on yours, pulling away a few seconds later only to rub her thumb gently across your slightly chapped lips. "I know you're stressed Princess. I can tell. But trust me, you've got this. You're the smartest girl I know and I'd never doubt you, and you should never doubt yourself either." You smiled at her, puckering your lips to kiss her thumb softly making her laugh. "You really think so?" She nodded and stroked your face with her free hand, admiring all the freckles and every other beautiful feature that was placed so beautifully across your skin. "I know so. You've got this, beautiful girl. You just need a break. So you sit here and relax. I'll make you some food, you turn on whatever you want and then when you're done eating we can cuddle for a while, Okay?" You smiled at her and leaned in to kiss her again, always loving and soaking in the feeling of her lips against yours. "Okay. Thank you for caring about me so much." She grabbed your hand in hers and kissed it before kissing your cheek and standing up to go make you some food. "Always baby, always."