your child is scared of the thunder and lightning

Sophia was wide awake in her bed as the thunder and lightning kept crashing outside her window. She had her teddy bear clutched tightly to her chest as tears streamed down her face.

A loud crash of thunder occured and she threw the blanket over her head. She was scared to get out of bed but she needed you and Demi more than ever. She pulled the blanket from over her head and looked around the room, shrieking when she heard the thunder again. She grabbed her teddy bear and her favorite blanket before running to your bedroom.

She opened the door and walked over to your side, crying hard as she tugged on the sleeve of your shirt. You opened your eyes and saw her standing in front of you. You didn't hesitate to pull on the bed, her little knees accidentally hitting Demi's thigh making her wake up. "Sophia? What is it baby? Did you have a bad dream?" You whispered and she shook her head.

You were about to ask her what was wrong when the lightning lit up the bedroom making Sophia jump as she curled up to your side. You looked over at Demi, smiling when she started to run her fingers through Sophia's hair. "Are you scared sweetie?" Demi asked her and Sophia nodded her head. Demi ran her thumb under Sophia's eye, wiping her tears away as they fell. "Sorry" she mumbled as she curled up against her teddy bear.

"It's okay. You can sleep in here with us tonight. We'll protect you." Demi said and Sophia smiled. She kissed Demi's cheek before kissing yours and leaning her head on your shoulder. "Love you." She whispered as she reached for your hand and Demi's in her small ones, her eyes fluttering against her cheeks as she closed them tightly. "We love you too. So much." You kissed her head and looked over at Demi who was already starting to fall back asleep. You have the most beautiful family and you wouldn't change it for the world.