She has a nightmare

You woke up to the sound of whining and whimpers. When you opened your eyes you were met with the darkness of the bedroom and Demi tossing and turning. "Demi?" You whispered, placing your hand on her shoulder. "N-No." She whimpered as she began to cry and thrash around. "Demi! Baby wake up!" You shook her shoulders and jumped when she gasped and shot up in bed, sweat and tears running down her face. "Demi?" You whispered softly making her turn to look at you before she clung onto you for dear life, her arms around your back and her head on your stomach. She cried into your shirt and it made your heart break. You shushed her and held her close to you as she continued to hold onto you tightly, as if she was afraid you'd leave her.

"Shhh. Demi, I've got you. You're safe now. It was just a bad dream, baby." She shook her head and looked up at you, though it was dark you could still see that she was crying and was clearly shook up. You laid back down, gently pulling Demi's body down with you. She laid down right next to you and buried her face in the crook of her neck, her tears now hitting your skin but you didn't care. "It's okay baby. You're safe, I promise." She shook her head and you sighed, rubbing her back as you whispered comforting words in her ear. "Do you wanna talk about it?" She shook her head once more. "Are you sure? It might make you feel better." She sniffled before exhaling shakily, adjusting slightly so her breath was fanning against your collarbones. "I don't know." She mumbled, her voice shaky and unstable. You rubbed her back soothingly, trying to remind her that she was safe and that you were there with her. "You can tell me baby. It's okay. Please tell me, beautiful. It'll help you feel better. Please let me make you feel better." She kissed your collarbone before sniffling once again. "You left. You said you were tired of all this. You just... left." You sighed sadly and shook your head, about to say something when Demi spoke again. "People tell me a lot that you'll leave. I'm so scared that you might one day."

You grabbed her chin and smiled sadly at her, using your other hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear delicately. "I could never ever leave you Demi, ever. I love you so goddamn much. I know what people say, I hear them too. But they're wrong. I'm never leaving you and I know you'll never leave me." A tear ran down her cheek and you quickly wiped it away, kissing the corner of her mouth. "Promise?" You were quick to kiss her lips, both of you closing your eyes as you melted into each other. "I promise baby. I love you far too much to ever leave you." She opened her eyes and for the first time that night, you saw her smile. "Good, because I love you with all my heart and I don't know what I'd without you." She kissed your nose before laying her head against your chest, her fingers grabbing yours as she held them.

It only took a few minutes of you running your fingers through her hair and kissing her head softly before she began to snore, a smile gracing your lips when you heard the sound. "Sleep tight, my love. I love you so much."