Kolivan x Nichole - Goodbyes part 2

The music blasted through your house. The gang and Shiro were dancing to the music with some of Kolivan and Allura's friend. Literally, every room was being crowded. Nichole stood uncomfortably in the middle constricted by the stuffy air and lack of space. She weaved through the crowds and gasped for air once she was outside. The whole time she had plastered a smile on her face. Kolivan was busy introducing Allura to his friends and Shiro was so happy to see Kolivan finally with a girl. The way Shiro cheered him on was painful. Nichole wished that she was the one in Allura's place. She had nothing against the girl except for the fact that Kolivan's attention had turned to Allura instead of her. She blocked her eyes from the music and hurried upstairs to her room.

She could still hear the vibrations from downstairs, but the actual sound had lessened so much that she was able to plug in some headphones to her phone and listen to her own music. She opened her music app and began to play Black Bear's IDFC. Relateable music and rhythm were helpful in so many situations. She sunk into the mattress of her bed and listened to the song on repeat until her body slunk itself under the sheets of sleep.

...5 months later...

This was not healthy and she knew it, but it didn't stop her at all. This was her day: Wake up, contemplate whether to have a shower or not because she had no one to impress, check her phone for any messages from Shiro, eat breakfast if there was time left, catch the bus to school, be at school, take bus from school, do her homework, wallow in sorrow if her day was that bad, remember all the couples she saw at school, have dinner, pack for tomorrow and do that same thing all over again until she had dinner and fall asleep with wet eyes.

When the weekend finally showed up, Nichole would just do nothing. Occasionally she would flip the TV on knowing that there would be nothing to watch, she hardly went shopping and she never even bothered to text her friends. Suddenly her phone started ringing. "Shiro!" She exclaimed. She ran up the bedroom and saw the Caller ID, Kole. She hesitated and picked up the phone. "Hello?" She said.

"Hey, Nicky!" Kole said.

"Hey," She replied. "Is there something you need?"

"Uh, no actually I was just checking up on how you were. Shiro asked me to talk to you while he was in his last few weeks of the term so here I am!" Kolivan said.

"Shiro didn't tell me that he was in his last few weeks," Nichole said.

"Really? When he was telling me, he said that he was going to text you before he went into class. Maybe his phone died or he didn't have enough time to tell you before going into his lecture" Kole replied.

"Oh, okay," Nichole said.

"Are you okay Nic?" Kole asked. "You sound down."

"Oh nothing" Nichole replied.

"Is it Shiro? I'm sorry that he didn't get to tell you" Kolivan said.

"No it's all right, I'm just... Tired" She lied.

"Okay, hey! Are you going to audition for this year's drama?" Kolivan asked.

"No, why?" Nichole scoffed.

"B-because you audition every year... Are you sure you're okay Nic?" Kolivan asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" Nichole chirped. Kolivan waited on the other end in silence. "Okay, I'm going to lay down in bed for a nap. Talk to you later?" Nichole asked.

"Nic, if anyone is wrong just tell me, okay?" Kole said.

"Okay," Nic replied. She ended the call and fell on her bed. She turned her head to her bedside alarm. In the weather forecast, Nichole saw that it was going to rain in the afternoon. It was midday now. She quickly got her keys and changed into shoes that she didn't mind getting dirty. She needed a walk, she needed to clear her head. She was always in a haze and she was so used to it that she didn't know.