Keith x reader - (Fiercely) HOT heads

**Inspired by the scene in Lost City of Atlantis when Milo and Kida are climbing** 

"(y/n)! Wait up!" Keith panted.

"Keep up or you're going to get left behind!" You called back.

Your fingernails harboured two hours worth of dirt and your skin had its eleventh wave of sweat. The wind swirled around your body and hair. For this mountain climb, all your wore was a strapless singlet and an open skirt that flagged at the front and back revealing shorts on the sides.

You looked down below. Keith slowly ascended up the steep and narrow mountain. His raven mop hair was matted to his skin and his singlet stuck to his back and chest while his shorts flapped in the wind's breath. Below Keith was a gravity-defying height of your last few hours of free climbing.

"If you're getting tired, there's a small ledge up here" You shouted.

"I have no idea what you are saying! The wind's picking up!" Keith shouted. You barely heard the last few words, only hearing his voice but not his words.

"Okay!" You shouted back. You shrugged and swung back to the rock face to continue climbing. The wind blew fiercer, threatening to push your off to your demise. You pulled closer to the wall and boosted yourself higher and higher.

"Hey! I told you to wait up!" Keith shouted. You ignored his calls and pushed forward until your hands finally reached the top. You gasped at the feeling of flat ground. With a few grunts and sudden drops, you crawled on top. The small surface area accommodated you comfortably. In the middle was a small white rose that grew proudly. You gasped at the sight and looked at in awe. You crawled over to the fragile bush and caressed the petals ever so slightly.

Your thoughts was abruptly interrupted when Keith loudly clambered to the summit and fell splat on the floor. "You made it," You said blankly.

"Is that all I get for free climbing on this mountain for two hours with you?" Keith scoffed.

"No, that's what you get for almost crushing the rose!" You growled.

"What?" Keith looked over to his side and saw the towering rose over his head. "That was close" He commented.

"Yes, that was" You sighed.

You rolled your eyes and stood up. The view below you was incredible. Extreme mountains were littered with green patches of grasslands and trees. The waters reflect the star's rays perfectly. It was like the new Earth, but one hundred times more beautiful. You slowly lowered to the floor and lay flat on your stomach to take the view in. Keith slowly lay next to you.

"It's beautiful" Keith whispered. You turned your head over to Keith and smiled.

"Yeah, it is" You replied.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath in the fresh air. The cold wind blew over your hot skin. You could have slept on this mountain as if it were nothing. It was almost heavenly to be up here. You couldn't help but wonder why. You almost liked seeing scenic views and always had that breathless moment of wonder, but this time was different. You looked back at the facts: The Team found this planet by accident a week ago and decided to have a vacation, you found and climbed this mountain, you accomplished something beyond your limits and... You did it all with Keith.

A sudden flutter of movement tickled your stomach and your heart began to thump louder and harder. You bit your lip and realised something you kept buried. You liked Keith. You bit your tongue and vowed to keep that secret locked inside. Right now you didn't want to get caught up in a relationship; the galaxy doesn't allow romance when war prevails. You liked Keith and that's how it was going to stay, no more than that.