Keith x reader - Do I regret?

Requested by: An_Otaku_Gamer

Do you know what regret feels like? That aching sensation in your chest that subtly gets to your head? The heart-wrenching questions asking 'what if?' It hurts, doesn't it?

Keith's POV
I sat on my bed and wandered around in my thoughts. (y/n), she was in my mind again. I remembered her as the girl that could never leave my thoughts. Her hair, her skin, her voice and her eyes were all racing through my head. I should have done it. I should have said something while I was there.

Red suddenly appeared in my mind purring.

Third POV
Keith smirked and jogged out my room toward the hanger. Red eagerly greeted him and opened his jaws to welcome me inside.

"Hey buddy" Keith smiled.

"You keep thinking about this girl Keith," Red said.

"Uh-huh, Yeah...." Keith flushed red and nervously rubbed his neck, but settled into his seat frowning.

"You can be such a wuss sometimes," Red said.

"Hey!" Keith exclaimed.

"You have me to get you there and you're in your bedroom sulking about you not saying that you like her," Red said. "Even my last Paladin wasn't that bad!"

Keith growled and glared at the controls. If he could see Red's face when he would stare at that. "So what's your point?" Keith asked.

"Just go to her now!" Red said.

"The heck?! No! We can't rock back to Earth pretend nothing happened!" Keith argued.

"But she lives in the countryside! You've been thinking about seeing her for way too long Kieth," Red said.

"Yeah but..." Keith said.

"That's it, buckle up" Red sighed. The ship began to move while Keith flung his arms to the controls trying to order Red to stop.

"Red what are you doing?!" Keith exclaimed.

"Trying to find the next way to call you a chicken" Red answered. The pair exited the castle and called for a wormhole to Earth. Keith relaxed into his seat and watched as Earth grew closer and closer. Red piloted Keith down toward (y/n)'s house and landed in an open area. "If you don't have the guts to say that you like her then I'm going to charge in and make you say it" Red threatened.

Keith took in a deep breath and stood up to walk out.

Your POV
You swayed your legs off the side of your bed and stared at the ceiling. There was a feeling that you had been experiencing throughout the day. It grew even more when you walked into your bedroom. The feeling finally became clear when you saw a photo of Keith and standing next to each other. Keith has just dug his fingers into your side. You were in the middle of squirming and Keith was smiling the widest you had ever seen.

You held the photo in your hand and fell back on your bed looking at the photo. Keith had been missing for months and you had no idea where he was or what happened to him. You wondered what everything would have been like if he had stayed a little while longer. You really liked him and now you wondered if it was something even more than that.

Suddenly the noise of large engines shook the ground. You ran toward the window and saw a large red lion landing in an open area. You rushed outside, gripping the photo in your hand. Was it? Could it? No, this was just something like the pod Shiro came in... But Keith disappeared that day too... Maybe?

You slowly approached the lion and stared into its eyes. You felt something strange when you walked closer to the lion. It was like it was calling you all day when you had that strange feeling inside your chest. Now you could feel it in your stomach. The lion slowly crouched down and opened its mouth. When you saw him everything gripped you with its hands and held you still.

Keith's POV

She was still like a statue. I looked at her hand and saw a photo of the two of us. I looked back into her eyes. I had been waiting to see those eyes for so long. I slowly walked toward her, noticing that she was still shorter than me. I almost laughed at how little she had grown in height, but she was still as beautiful. She looked even better.

Her eyes sparkled with shock and her face was frozen. I carefully reached out and placed my hand on her cheek. I had such an urge to kiss her right now, but I also didn't want to break anything. Her face slowly began to warm into a smile. She pressed against my hand and cupped her own with mine.

"I've missed you so much," she said. Tears began to form in my eyes. She frowned when I began to cry. "Keith, what's wrong?" She asked.

I sobbed. "(y/n), I am so sorry for leaving you alone. I'm sorry" I said. She began to tear as well and embraced me.

"I forgive you," she said. "I have no idea what happened, but... I know that when you left you left for a reason and you came back. Thank you for doing that."

"Come with me," I said.

"What?" She gasped.

"Come with me I repeated" I repeated. She looked back at her house where everything she knew and worked for lay. 

"I can't" She replied. "I have a farm and the business needs to stay alive." I looked beyond her and saw her farm smaller than I remembered it. It did look like it needed help. "Also, things have been harder without mum and dad." My eyes widened.

"(y/n), I'm so sorry about that" I said.

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault" She whispered. "I've been doing okay for the past few months, but it looks the business won't hold much longer. We were a small thing though" She said.

"But you guys did grow some of the best products that I ever tasted" I commented.

"It's going to be hard letting everything go," She said. I suddenly began to regret asking her. She was thinking about it and right before she was going to be out of business.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" Keith asked. "I was only asking, but you don't have to accept it," I said.

"Yeah, but now that I think about it... There's nothing left for me here" She replied. "I mean, if I had a family and a business that was up and running I would have wanted to go, but stay because I needed to take care of them."

"I know, but... I don't know I just don't want to push you around to take advantage of you" I said. (y/n) rest her head against my chest and whispered.

"I know it feels like that, but I really don't have anything left. The last of the crops are dying and there is virtually nothing else I can do" she said. I rested my chin on the top of her head and sighed.

"It's your choice," I said.