Hunk x reader - Sickness = Vegetables

"You have to go inside" Lance urged you. "No," You refused. "Come on (y/n)! You have to!" Lance repeated. "I am NOT going back in there" You humphed.

Confused? I guess so, let me explain why you are so grumpy.

Previously, everyone found out that Hunk had caught a cold. This alarmed everyone because a virus had found its way into the castle, having a good chance at infecting everyone else. Shiro was especially concerned about the Alteans. We humans were pretty much 'immune' to the virus, but the Alteans weren't so familiar about it.

Of course, you being Hunk's girl, you knew how to cook (very well). So, you made some chicken soup after flying to Earth and stealing about... Was it around ten or so chickens from the supermarket (Woolies preferably), plucking a few vegetables from some gardens and hauling a bucket of pure water back to the castle to make some chicken soup.

You were so sure that everyone would enjoy this ancient recipe of healing that you didn't expect to see Hunk so furious about it! I mean, who refuses their girlfriend's cooking?!?!??

(Raise your hand if you're a guy and you do refuse your girlfriend's cooking.... Shame on you)

Hunk stared at the soup and slowly rolled his tongue out of his mouth. "What?!" You gasped, shocked at his refusal. "You aren't going to eat it?!" You exclaimed. "It has vegetables," Hunk complained. "Everything has vegetables Hunk! Gosh! I thought you were better than this you big baby!" You groaned, smacking your forehead. "You're a meanie" Hunk sniffled, reaching out for a tissue. You shuffled the tissue box closer to Hunk's outstretched hand.

"Hunk please at least take three spoonful; the soup is getting cold" You sighed. "I won't!" Hunk childishly humphed, crossing his arms. "You know what?" You roared, slamming the tray down. "If you don't want my help then fine! But no healing pod is going to fix you Hunk!" You shouted, storming out of the room.

The door slowly and gently opened and closed despite your raging anger. "I wish I could have slammed that door" You growled. "(y/n)??" Lance called, further down the hallway. You looked over to Lance and saw him looking at you, confused. "What happened?" Lance asked. "Hunk happened," You groaned. "What? Why?" Lance asked. "Did you know that Hunk doesn't like vegetables?" You asked. "Of the course the guy loves vegetables, don't you know that?" Lance replied.

"Oh really? Because it doesn't look like he wants to eat then now!" You shouted. "Okay okay! Easy (y/n), honestly, Hunk doesn't really have an eye for vegetables" Lance answered. "Thank you!" You exclaimed, spreading your arms out. "Why don't you hide the things?" Lance asked. "I am NOT going to hide something nutritious just because Hunk is picky. He is going to either eat my soup or he isn't going to eat anything else" You roared.

Lance stared at you. "I'm so glad that you're not my girlfriend" Lance muttered. "What was that?!" You demanded. "Nothing!" Lance quickly squeaked.

...

On your second attempt, you took Lance's advice. You grated the onions, garlic, celery, carrots and potatoes so that the soup looked more like glop. You entered in a second time and added some fruits that you knew had Vitamin C. Hunk looked at the 'soup' with curiosity and sniffed it. "It smells nice" Hunk smiled, grabbing the spoon. 'Yes!' You celebrated in your head as Hunk ate the first bite of your 'soup.'

Hunk smiled at the taste, raising your hopes, but suddenly frowned and threw the spoon into the bowl. "Hunk!" You exclaimed. "What did you do that for?!?!" You shouted. "I could taste the celery" Hunk replied. "You!" You screamed, doing your best not to scream some words. "I hate you" You growled, gritting your teeth. "Really?" Hunk asked. "Okay that's it! I'm breaking up with you" You huffed. Hunk dropped his jaw to the ground.

You quickly re-gripped the bowl of soup and shoved the soup down his mouth. "Guh!" Hunk gagged, struggling to drink the soup little by little. You smirked and flicked your hair with satisfaction. You strutted off with in victory when Hunk cried out with his mouth still stuffed with soup. You turned around and waited for Hunk to finish his bowl of soup.

"Hm?" You asked. "Did... Did you really mean the part about you breaking up with me?" Hunk asked. You raised a brow and answered, "Depends if you eat your vegetables." "Yes yes yes! I'll even eat raw garlic!" Hunk cried out. You couldn't help, but crack a smile. "You won't have to do that" You giggled. "So are you still my girlfriend?" Hunk pouted. "Hm..." You tapped the bottom of your chin and pretended to think. "Okay," You smiled.

Sorry if this was really rushed and all. I wanted to get another Hunk x reader out there before I do a stream of one-shots that are coming very soon! Hope you guys are better days than I am!

Cheerio! <3