Shiro x reader - Rescue

Requested by: sammiev05

One mission...

One mission and that's all it takes to ruin your day...

"(y/n)! Don't do this!" Shiro cried out. You ignored his protests and pushed him into the escape pod and slammed the controls. The doors shut and the pod ejected.

Thirty minutes ago

A Galran ship came inbound to our position. We attacked. It was an opportunity that we had been waiting for. We needed a Galran ship in order to fulfil a long waiting mission. We had everything else planned and stocked, all we needed was a Galran ship.

"(y/n), you in?" Shiro asked through the com.

"Sending me from the Castle of Lions to the Galran ship with only my suit and a robot's hand was not the best idea" You commented.

"Yeah, but are you in?" Shiro asked.

"Yeah, I'm," You whispered.

"Hack into the ship's control and see if you can turn its defences," Shiro ordered.

"Easier said than done Shiro; I can't read Galran" You complained.

"(Y/n)" Shiro said.

"Okay!" You growled.

With few minutes sneaking around of a few taps and random button pressing, you turned off the ship's defences. "Allura take out the main cannon! The shields are down!" You exclaimed. Immediately the ship began to tremble. You smirked and quickly made your way to the bridge. Thanks to Pidge you had a camouflage that rendered you invisible, but it would only work for ten seconds before shutting off to recharge for five minutes.

You didn't have that kind of time and decided to take out any soldier that stood in your way; we only needed the ship, not the people inside it. The first soldier you met was left with a broken neck and a stolen blaster. On your run to the bridge, you killed three squads in total. The bridge was going to be hardest, but you had a plan. Use the stealth mode and run towards the captain, shoot him and find cover. Hopefully, some moral will be lost.

You approached the doors of the bridge and breathed in deeply. You activated your camouflage and rushed in as soon as the doors slid open. You ran to the centre and saw that no one was there. Your camo turned off as you looked around. Not a soul was seen. You shrugged the matter off and ran to the control. Carefully, you looked and reached out to access the ship's control, but a sharp pain surged up your arm and everything went black.

You woke to the sensation of the floor sliding underneath you. You looked over to the side and realised that your arms were above your head. You gasped and looked up. Two Galran soldiers were dragging your body while the ship was shaking. You shook your head and immediately yanked your arms away.

You quickly got up and tackled the nearest soldier, grabbing the blasters off of him. You aimed and fired at both of the soldiers who underneath you. You tried to scramble up, but your arms were sandwiched underneath the fallen soldier. You desperately tried to yank your arms free, but a pair of hands pulled up you covering your mouth and neck. You lashed about, kicked and squirmed, but the hands stayed where they were.

"(y/n)!" A distant voice called out. 'Shiro?' You thought. I tried to turn around to see where he was, but the soldiers firmly had you and were pulling you away. You tried to fight, but all struggle was in vain. "(y/n)!!" The voice called again. You recognised the voice and lodged your feet into the ground; you weren't going to move. The Galran soldier saw your will to fight and pressed against your neck.

You cringed at the choking pain and turned around to divert the pressure elsewhere. You thought hard of a way to get his hands off. You poked your tongue out from in between your closed lips and started to lick the soldier's fingers. "Eh!" The Galran soldier cried, taking his hand off your mouth. You quickly leapt forwards, bringing the soldier with you and fell to the ground. You pulled free from his grip and ran straight into Shiro.

"Shiro!" You cried, hugging Shiro with joy.

"It's good to see you, but we have to go now!" Shiro urged, ushering you down the hallway. You nodded and turned to dart down the hallway. Suddenly, a blaster bolt hit your neck.

"ARG!" You screamed, collapsing onto the floor. Shiro turned and took down the remaining soldier. You clenched your teeth at the biting pain and slowly got up.

"Hurry Shiro! If you don't back to your lion the ship is going to explode" Allura warned.

"Explode?!" You gasped. This wasn't supposed to happen.

You quickly turned to Shiro and a pod that was still active. You didn't think, you just ran. As you left the ground a series of explosions erupted behind you. You grabbed Shiro and threw him to the pod.

Shiro was pushed into the pod and the doors closed as they did. "Shiro!!" You yelled, pushing Shiro to the pod.

"(y/n)! Don't do this!" Shiro cried out. You didn't listen and slammed your hand down on the eject button. The pod was ejected, and as it was the ship exploded with you inside it.