Lance x reader - Homework part 4

Requested by: SpaceUnicorns97

The knots had returned, but they weren't as tight as before. You held Lance's hand in yours. "Hey" Lance whispered. You looked deeply in his eyes. "It's okay." You couldn't deny the anxiety spread across your face. You simply nodded and walked back into the dinning room.

"(Y/n)" Your father said abruptly. "We're leaving." The news hit you hard. You even flinched. You wanted to say something, stop your parents from gathering their things and walking to the door. Lance still held on, but when your mother and father was close to the door, he let go.

"What are you doing?" You questioned.

"Your parents are leaving" He answered.

"But you know what that means right?" You asked. "Do you know what allowing me to go out that door means?"

Lance sorrowfully looked at his door, then back to you. "It's alright. If I know one thing, it's that your father knows what's best for you, even if that means not allowing you to date certain guys" He smiled. You hung your head and stepped forward to cling to him.

"(y/n), we're going, are you coming?" He asked.

You squeezed Lance tighter. "I don't want to leave you" You whispered.

"Say it then" Lance replied.

"What?" You gaped.

"Say that you want to stay" He answered.

"B-but, my parents" You stammered. Lance didn't say anything, but you could feel it. You quickly pondered to yourself and finally let go with a choice. "Mum, dad, I want to stay" You said. You turned to your parents and looked at them.

"I know you do" Your father smiled. You blinked at him cluelessly. "But it's late, have you noticed how long we've been here?" He asked. You whipped out your phone.

"Oh my gosh it's eleven o'clock at night" You gasped. Your father smiled and beckoned you to the front. An urgent question pulsed in your chest. Lance's family gathered at the door to bid their goodbyes. They waved you off till you and your family were out of sight as you drove off. "Uh... Dad?" You asked.

"Hmm?" He answered.

"D-did you enjoy dinner?" You asked.

"Dinner was good" He answered.

"Had a good conversation?" You asked.

"It wasn't the best, but from what I can tell, his parents are very friendly" Dad answered.

"I think his mother was an excellent cook. His father was very handsome as well, it's a wonder how Lance hasn't inherited some of his looks" Your mother added. You bit your lip. You wanted to shout back and say that the looked perfect no matter who he looked more like. But knowing the stakes of tonight, your tongue was bridled.

"Did you like Lance? Are you okay now?" You blurted. Your father, the man of your family remained silent. 'That probably wasn't the best way to put it. Oh great, I am so screwed now. He might think I'm not ready for a relationship. Gosh, now I'm never going to be able to see him again. I'm never going to see Lance and be able to be with him now that I've screwed that one little question. Oh what was I thinking!' Your mind rattled with thoughts and harsh comments.

"I liked him. He's a good boy, I think you'll find that he is more than he seems to be" Your father said.

"C-come again?" You stuttered.

"I liked him. He's a good boy, I think you'll find that he is more than he seems to be" Your father repeated.

"D-does that mean you- You approve?" You gapped.

Your father turned to you, "Yes, I approve."