Shiro vs Lotor x reader - War of hearts part 1

Requested by: sakuramichaelis1

You glared at yourself in the mirror. Your amour was coveted, but many and your medals were the glories that draped from your shoulder like a cape. A deep scar was etched into your skin. It stretched from the bottom of your left cheek all the way down to your collarbone. It was marked by Zarkon when you failed one of your missions. He put it there as a reminder and motivator to not fail. It worked, but you hated him for it. You had everything ready to leave.

Suddenly, everyone was called to the bridge. You growled and rushed along with everyone else to the front. The captain looked at everyone sternly, but his eyes were petrified. "There is a new leader among us," the captain said.

"What?" You gasped.

"Lord Zarkon has been defeated and the exiled prince has no taken the throne," the captain said. You grit your teeth. There was no one else who could take that title. It was him, it was Prince Lotor. "Everyone get back to your stations, we're leaving for the capital. Some of you have been chosen to be on other ships." The captain looked at you momentarily and dismissed everyone. You returned to your quarters and wondered why the captain would make eye contact with you and look worried.

...

You walked out with your belongings where some others walked to their designated roles. You had orders to report to the throne room. You had never been to the throne room and was escorted by two guards. You wondered what why you had been called there. There was no need for punishment and there was nothing you had done that brought the empire lower than it already was. You finally approached the doors of the throne room. The thought of killing the new Emperor had crossed your mind more than once and now it was branded in your mind.

"It is lovely to see one of the most decorated and underrated soldiers in person." A chill ran up your spine when you heard those words. You spun around and saw a slender Galran standing before you. White hair fell down to his waist and a sly grin was fixated on his face. "I am Emperor Lotor and I am more than pleased to meet you." You bowed in forced respect and looked down to the floor.

You felt warm fingers lift your chin up. You were shocked to see Lotor's face so close. You jumped back into one of the guards. "I have been watching your work and noticed how well you performed on the tasks that were given to you. I'm impressed. Ten medals in one year and quite a few recommendations for promotions, but every single one was denied, such a waste of talent" Lotor sighed. "Which is why I am offering you a rare opportunity. How would you like the role of personal bodyguard? There are only a few I trust and I trust you, will you trust me?" Lotor extended his hand and looked at you expectantly.

You stared at his hand and hesitated, but firmly joined your hand with his. "I serve the Emperor," you said. Lotor grinned and stared his icy glare into your soul. It drilled you. His glare... It was sharp and warm at the same time; it was frightening.

You were escorted to your room and unpacked everything that you carried. Your uniform was no longer needed, you were given a new set with a fresh pile of weapons and a whole lot of studying to do. You had to know everything about security measures and patrols. You were soon going to meet Lotor's generals as well. You had heard a lot about them and you didn't want to mess with them either. You sat at your holo-desk and began to work. A message, a radio contact reached you. You opened the channel.

"Hello? This is Shiro, I am calling to any in the Galran empire who wish to see their rule taken down. This is a call for anyone who wants freedom from an everlasting reign of tyranny. The Galran empire may have a new ruler, but that does not mean that oppression could stop. Let's not forget, Lotor is the son of Zarkon. They are made of the same flesh and blood." You quickly spoke into the microphone.

"Shiro! I made the channel secure. Do not attempt to reach anyone else in the Galran empire, I repeat, do not attempt to reach us. You're lucky I was the only one hearing this. I can track you from where you are broadcasting. That was a dangerous mistake, don't make it again" You warned.

"Are you with or against the Galran empire?" Shiro asked.

"I am the Galran empire" You answered. "I serve the new emperor."

"Is that what you want?" Shiro asked. "You heard me, he's a descendant of Zarkon. He's a danger no matter what he says or claims."

"Everyone has a second chance" You replied.

"I agree, but what if?" Shiro asked. You frowned. You shouldn't even be having this conversation. You could be spied on or Lotor may know about this already.

"It doesn't matter what if, there is still a chance that the Galran empire can change with a new ruler," You said.

"I'm sending you coordinates for a safe planet where the Galran forces are weak and don't use this channel, I'm sending you the frequency for a channel that only I use for my sources. Be careful" You said.

"Wait, why are you helping me? Didn't you say that you were the Galran empire?" Shiro asked.

"Yes, I am and I will do whatever it takes to ensure that my empire will not crumble to pieces or fall into corruption again" You answered. 

"Be careful then, you're playing a dangerous game" Shiro warned.

"And so are you, good luck Paladin." You closed the channel and peered out the door of your quarters. You watched the corridors and stepped out to make sure that no one was out. Suddenly an arm wrapped around your waist. It was Lotor. He spun you around so that you were leaning on his arm for support. He loomed over you and his gaze was mesmerising.