Lance x Reader - Homework part 2

"Lance, you really didn't have to drive me home" You said nervously.

"I did actually," Lance smiled, pulling his car into your driveway. 'Dad is going to see you!!' You screamed in your head.

Let me take two steps back for you, your dad is basically a boyfriend repellent. He interviews any guy that even tries to flirt with you and never backs down from a fight... 'If dad doesn't like Lance, I am so screwed' You groaned.

You nervously got out of (the left side) the car and walked to the front door with shaking and sweaty hands. "I guess this is where we part ways?" You smiled, pulling out your last card.

"Actually, this is where I say hello" Lance sighed. "To who?" You asked quizzically.

"To me," the voice answered. You turned and saw your father standing at the front door.

You bit your lip down and gulped. "Hey dad!" You smiled as casually as possible.

"Well hello to you too (y/n) and Lance," Your father smiled, extending his hand out to Lance. Lance gladly accepted the hand and shook it politely, yet happily. 'How the heck is he so calm?!' You shrieked.

"Why don't you too come inside?" Your father asked, gesturing you two inside. "Of course, ladies first" Lance smiled, taking a step back for you to walk in. Your father watched Lance like a hawk and smiled with approval.

You quickly popped inside and walked over to the kitchen where your mother was sipping a cup of tea with knowing eyes. "Not you too!" You groaned, setting your bag down near the kitchen bench. Your mother didn't' answer and just wiggled her eyebrows in response. 'I am so glad to be an only child right now!' You thought.

You zipped open your school bag and brought out your leftover lunch and water bottle, placing them on the counter and sink. The water bottle was washed first and set to dry over on the rack. Your gladly threw the remains of your lunch and walked over to your room with your bag. 'This is the hard part' You thought.

You quietly walked to your room, passing the living room where Lance and your dad were having a very intense conversation. You couldn't help, but at least take a glimpse of their faces, especially Lance's. You were worried about him and... He was still extremely attractive and taking your last look at Lance would be your remedy and ticket to a good night's sleep.

'Happy thoughts, think happy thoughts' You repeated to yourself as you walked over to your bedroom

You dropped your bag at the door and debated whether to change or not. Then it occurred to you that your Math homework still had a few unanswered questions. You reached into your open bag and pulled out your pencil case, notepad and homework sheets (I don't know if that's how it still is in high school, please comment your correction down below).

You quickly got to work. Thankfully, you were relearning last year's chapter on quadratic equations so you breezed through it all. 'It's as easy as 1+2!' You grinned, enjoying your talent in maths. Everyone says that Math is an abuse to humans (Which is actually true sometimes), but you thought it was a gift to mankind. After all, for a straight A student, you were in your prime.

You finished your last question with a quick drum roll of victory. "Bam! Done and done!" You cheered. You suddenly hushed at the thought of Lance and your dad conversing just outside the hallway. 'Crud!' You cringed.

"(y/n)! I need you to come here!" Your father called. "Coming!" You answered, banging your head on the table. 'Double crud you idiot!' You grimaced.

You slowly walked out of your room, fixing your shoulders, shirt and skirt as you made your way to the living room. "Yes dad?" You said, walking over to Lance.

"I'll be checking your homework after this" Dad said, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes sir," You answered. 'You got Lance into an interview and now you've gotten yourself in an interview... Great!'

"Take a seat," Your father gently instructed. You gladly took a seat next to Lance, finding comfort in his warm body. You were conscious about your sitting position as your father examined your every move.

"How long have you known each other?" Your father asked.

"Just over a week sir" Lance said calmly. "I wasn't talking to you," Your father said. You gulped as your heard alarm bells ringing in your head.

"I... We've known each other for a week, but I've seen him from a distance before" You answered honestly. Lance flinched. It looked like he wanted to turn to you, but stopped.

"(y/n), how is this boy different from the others?" Your father asked. "Dad, I've only dated one other guy and that thing only lasted for two hours" You retorted. "I understand," Your father sighed, letting your remark pass, "But I really want to know if you're not going to regret this."

You sighed and leaned your head on Lance's shoulder. "I want to say that I won' regret this, but I don't know as much as you don't know. Give us a chance dad" You pleaded simply.

"(y/n), you're seventeen and almost an adult and I trust you. I just don't want you hurting" Your father replied.

You smiled and intertwined your fingers with Lance's. "I may have only known Lance for a short time, but I've seen him before and watched him before I made myself known. He's kind, he's caring and he's although he can be a bit... Energetic, I think you'll like him if you get to know him like I do" you answered. 'Dummy! Dad just interviewed Lance!' You thought.

Dad looked at you and Lance, flicking his eyes between you and him. "Dinner with your family next Tuesday and we'll see if you're as good as you and (y/n) say" Your father ordered. "Next Tuesday my little brother has a soccer game from 3-5pm. Can we move it to Monday or Wednesday sir?" Lance asked.

"How about Wednesday, our family is free that day" Your father suggested. "I'll confirm the dates with my parents. I am pretty sure that we have nothing on that day, but I will check for you and inform you tomorrow" Lance replied. "That would be wonderful," Your father smiled.

Lance and your father nodded their heads, shook each other's hands and walked over to the front door. You gave him a hug and a secret kiss before you two farewelled each other. You and your father watched as Lance drove out of the driveway back to his home.

"Polite, modest, respectful, confident and organised... I like this kid," Your father smiled, patting you on the shoulder. 'Just wait to you see his family and wild side' You sighed.