Shiro vs Lotor - War of hearts part 2 (Choosing Lotor)

You searched and searched, but there was nothing there. "What do you mean there's nothing there?" Shiro asked.

"I mean there's nothing there! Can't you humans understand simple words in a simple sentence?" You scowled.

"My sources were valid, there has to be another-" "Shiro! I said there is nothing here so you have to believe me! I'm your eyes and ears here remember?" You growled. Shiro sighed.

"Sorry, I just... I thought I might find the answers here okay?" Shiro said.

"I understand" You replied. 

"Okay, I'm going to sign off now," Shiro said. Shiro turned the radio off. You turned your radio off as well and stared down at the screen. On that file was everything that he was after. You downloaded the file into a small chip that you hid under your nail. This was going to be a bargaining chip for later if you ever needed it. Months of searching adds value to this, whatever trouble you were in with Shiro, this was going to get you out no matter what. You closed up shop and searched through different files, files about the Paladins. You downloaded them into different chips and hid them on the other hand.

You checked the room and exited with ease and calm. "You have a fun way of playing cat and mouse (y/n)." You gasped and saw Lotor leaning on the wall behind you. "I don't know too much about you (y/n), but I know that your loyalty is undying to the Galran empire. Am I correct in presuming so?" Lotor asked.

"Yes, your highness" You answered.

"Then why is it that every time I look at you, I see the face of a traitor?" Lotor questioned.

"With all respect sir, I think you are paranoid" You answered.

"You're bold to let your lips so loose," Lotor said. "I'm interested, what makes you think so?" Lotor asked.

"Your tactics, the way you think shows that you think two steps ahead of your opponent almost always assuring victory. But the way you think outside the battlefield shows your paranoia. There is a big difference between a strategic mind and an unstable one" You said.

"Are you saying that I am an unstable man?" Lotor asked.

"I won't comment any further than I am allowed" You snapped.

"Surely a loyal soldier of the Galran empire would have more respect than that" Lotor chuckled. "I know your story (y/n), few know about your tragic and mysterious past. In fact, I just got onto the juicy bits just then." Your eyes widened when his eyes narrowed even further. "It seems that you weren't the only mercenary turn soldier to join our ranks, but you are by far the most promising. Perhaps that's why they always held you back" Lotor said.

"They held me back because of something else," You said.

"Oh, do you mind telling me then?" Lotor asked.

"Yes, I do" You answered.

"Then I'm sure you will mind when I spread the news about your... Insubordinate behaviours, assassinations to almost half of the Galran Generals, oh! And of course your numerous attempts to assassinate my father within the last three years" Lotor grinned.

'Damn it!' You thought. "Okay, you want to blackmail me. What do you want?" You demanded.

"I want you to pick a side because I want you," Lotor said. He pushed off of the wall he was leaning on and walked up in front of you. "My soldiers are precious to me, they are loyal people who see the same thing I do. My generals are some of the people I either trust the most or see promise in. You, I want to keep you alive. I dream of an empire where violence is not a part of our life and I will do anything to maintain that dream. However, I hold this dream dear to me and if anyone stands in my way, I will do anything to get them out of my way" Lotor warned.