Keith x reader - Dance with me

Keith. Did you know that it means 'Dwells in the woods' or 'from the battle field'?

"Hey Keith," You said, sitting next to your friend. Keith was doing his own thing staring at his dagger. You peered over to the blade and smiled. You looked up at Keith and marvelled at how he could rock the mullet in the 21st century. You laughed a little before turning your attention the blade.

"What's so funny?" Keith asked. Keith knew that you were a person of purity. You were genuine to everyone; you had no walls. Despite your age as a late teenager you had such maturity. You were a ray of sunshine when someone was in the storm. Your smile and laugh was always there and when you laughed at something it had to be funny.

You grinned a little before answering,

"Are you sure you want me to answer that question?" You asked.

"Oh no, what is it?" Keith asked.

"Well, if you want to know that bad... I was laughing at your hair" You admitted.

"My hair? What's wrong with it?" Keith asked. You sniggered at his response trying to say your answer without bursting into uncontrollable laughter.

"It's a mullet" You answered.

"Oh and is that funny?" Keith asked.

"...Yes" You answered.

Keith shook his head with a smile and dismissed the conversation. You let out a sigh and stood up. You walked around until you faced Keith, looking down on him. Then you gently offered your hand and pulled out your iPod and played some gentle music. Keith stopped what he was doing and looked up. Your wavy (h/c) hair flowed down past your shoulders and your (e/c) eyes sparked when it met his eyes.

"Come on Keith," You said, offering your hand again.

"I don't know how to dance" Keith confessed.

"I'll teach you" You smiled.

Keith reluctantly pushed his dagger away and stood up. "Okay, tell me what to do," Keith said.

"Okay first give me your left hand" you instructed. Keith followed along and carefully clasped your hand.

"Good, now place your hand on my waist and then I'll place my hand on your shoulder," You said. Keith felt uncomfortable holding you like you told him to but stayed silent. You read his uneasiness easily when you saw his discomfort in his eyes and smiled, "You can also place your hand here." You gently grasped his hand and pushed it further up your torso.

Keith then eased and smiled. "Okay now first step forward with your left foot" You instructed. Keith placed his left foot out well, but clumsily moved as he tried to adjust whilst having to hold someone. "That's good!" You encouraged.

"I'm not good at this" Keith mumbled.

"You should have seen me when I first tried" You laughed. "I stepped on my partner's toes so many times" You admitted.

"Really?" Keith asked. "

Yeah" you answered, gently influencing Keith's actions while he was distracted with your conversation.

Slowly you and Keith were dancing simple circles around the room moving back and forth in sync. Slowly Keith began to realise that he was dancing. You spied the realisation in his eyes and smiled congratulations.

"Not too bad rookie" You smirked.

"Aha," Keith sarcastically laughed. You stopped dancing and beamed.

"A few more dance lessons and you'll be a pro" You laughed.

"No!" Keith exclaimed. "I was joking" You giggled. Keith blushed in embarrassment but cracked a smile when he saw you laughing. 'maybe' He thought.

Happy? *Waits in suspense watching the screen for comments to show up

Cheerio! <3