Coran x reader - Hope

Requested by: WolfStar_Clan

Ten years earlier...

"I told you, I wanted triple this amount!" The Galran Centurian roared at him.

"We told you, we will have the payment in full, but we have little pay. We need time to pay all our debt." Your husband stood in front of the Galran Centurian and stared him straight at the face. You intertwined your fingers with his and gripped them. You were scared. You were on the border of the city walls and this area of the slums was no place for a pregnant woman to be alone.

"That's not enough! I need the payment in full by tomorrow!"

"We hardly have enough money to pay half within a couple of years!" You protested.

"That doesn't matter, you can steal" The Galra sneered. You glared at him. "I expect you to be here tomorrow with the payment. Begone!" The Galra waved his hand and left.

"We don't have the money to even feed us, what are we going to do?" You asked.

"I don't know, but we are going to find a way; we also find a way." His warm smile had always brought you to your knees. His eyes sparked with hope with the colour of the ocean. You nodded and walked home, wrapped his embrace. Your husband closed and locked the door behind you. 

You had little with value. Your home was barely able to keep a spring breeze from entering through the cracks of what you called home. Some nights you slept thinking the roof was going to come down on you. It was a miracle that you and your husband were still alive. 

"Looks like we're in another tight situation." Your husband made no optimistic remark this time. His face with tightened with worry. You frowned, but quickly put on a smile.

"We'll get through this," You said. Your thin hand wrapped around his. You stared at the wedding ring on your finger. It would sell for a decent amount, but you stayed your mind from such a thought. You treasured it with such value that you never wished to part from it. "We've made it this far and we are sure to conquer our problems again."

Your husband let out a small laugh, "I'm sure we will." You rested your head on your chin and smiled. As long as you had your husband, everything was going to turn out just fine.

...Three years later...

You closed your eyes. You had to leave again. You hated this part of the day. You carefully placed your child in a box with all the food and water that you had. You promised that you would return even faster than yesterday. This child was all you had left of him. You ran past the streets and carefully watched the ships move in the spaceport. You possed as a maintenance worker while carefully extracting small components of ships that would sell for a lot of money. You picked off a little bit of each ship that you passed by and carefully made your way to the Black Markets to trade in what you had stolen.

You returned to your baby with more food and water while reserving only the tiniest bit for yourself. The child was always in tears when you found her. You held her close to you and wept with guilt for every single time you left her. "I can't do this anymore" You sobbed.

Suddenly, off in the distance, you saw a ship off in the distance. It was large and unlike anything you had ever seen. You picked up the small belongings that you had and rushed after that ship. Stories. There were only stories about that ship, but they always brought hope. You ran as fast as your legs allowed you to until you finally reached the castle.