Keith x military - The Distance part 2

Allura watched her friend eat peacefully in suspense. The whole time she thought of how to break the news to her. She, along with Coran and herself, was the remnants of her deceased race.

"How are you feeling Cayden?" Allura asked.

"Couldn't have been better" Cayden smiled.

Allura gulped and took a deep breath. 'In and out, in and out' She thought. "Cayden" Allura began. "I've been meaning to tell you something" Allura stuttered. 'I'm shuddering already and I haven't even begun to tell her what has happened!' Allura scolded. "We're the last of our race" She spat out.

Cayden stared at Allura. With intent eyes, she examined her top to bottom. "You're joking," Cayden said. Allura sadly looked at her friend and stood there with an uneasy position.

"What?!" She sputtered. "That can't be true!" Cayden stammered.

"It's true" Allura sighed.

"Allura, how long have I been inside the pod Allura?" Cayden asked.

"For over 10,000 years" Allura sighed.

"10,000 years?!" Cayden exclaimed. "How have you managed to stay alive for that long?" She shouted.

"I was in a pod, as was Coran just like you" Allura answered.

"Why were you and Coran in pods?" Cayden asked. Allura sighed.

...

"That didn't sound too well," Hunk said, biting his nails.

"If you're referring to Cayden screaming then yeah, it doesn't sound like she's taking the news too well" Pidge added.

"Do you remember when Allura found out that she was sleeping for 10,000 years?" Lance asked. "It was like seeing Sleeping Beauty in real life" Lance sighed.

"Except you never kissed her awake and took you down like you were a wimp" Keith smirked. Lance growled and glared at Keith who juts his eyebrows in response.

"I could kill you right now" Lance growled.

"Guys, remember what we talked about? Team bonding, remember?" Shiro said, stepping into the fight.

"Should we go help Allura?" Pidge asked.

"Uh, I'm not sure about that. Even after 10,000 years she still looks pretty strong; I'd be careful around her" Shiro answered.

"Yeah, and let's not forget that she's been in a healing pod" Lance commented.

"So leave Allura with a crazy strong Altean who's been an elite soldier all her life?" Pidge shrugged.

"Yeah," Lance answered.

...

"How did the Galra wipe out the entire Altean population?!" Cayden exclaimed, slamming her hands on the table.

"The Galra overwhelmed our forces" Allura answered.

"Where was Voltron when all this happened?" Cayden demanded.

"Voltron couldn't have formed, there was no Black Paladin!" Allura protested.

"Bu-" Cayden clamped her mouth shut. It wouldn't have mattered anyway. "If no one could have piloted the Black Lion, then it would explain why Zarkon and his forces managed to conquer the entire galaxy" Cayden muttered. She stared down, away from Allura. "How could you stand by and watch Zarkon ruthlessly kill our people?" Cayden hissed.

"I tried to convince my father to form Voltron, but he didn't let me! He set me to sleep and put me in a pod before I could do anything! I wasn't able to do anything Cayden!" Allura cried. Cayden glared furiously at her friend. Allura, watching her friend fume, sat in her seat pressing against the back of the chair. "Cayden" Allura whispered. Cayden growled and stormed out of the room.

Cayden's POV

"Arg!" I growled. I ran over to the side of the hallway and punched the wall. 'I cannot believe this happened!' I fumed. 'The Galra were our allies and then they turned our backs on us and took over the entire galaxy! Those filthy, monstrous beings that think they're so high and mighty in all their doings!' I let out a shout and stormed through the hallway to the training. 'If not the Galra now, then the training bots will suffer my wrath.'

Third person POV

"How did it- Oh," Pidge said. Allura walked into the room and slumped onto the couch. "I'm guessing that she didn't take the news too well" Pidge sighed, sliding next to Allura. "Is there any way we can help?" Pidge asked.

"No, she's always been this way. It seems that even 10,000 years is not enough to convince her mind to the rational side of things" Allura sighed.

"Heh, sounds like someone I know" Shiro chuckled.

"Hey!" Lance protested.

"I wasn't talking about you" Shiro corrected, looking over to Keith.

"Hey!" Keith protested.

"Changing the subject, does anyone know where Coran went off to?" Hunk asked.

"Coran was in the kitchen before, making a meal for Cayden" Allura answered.

"Uh okay because I think I just heard someone screaming" Hunk replied.

...

"No. No, no, no, no. No!" Coran stammered. He passed back and forth in front of the training doors, biting his nails and sweating a swamp. "Where's the princess when you need her?" Coran stammered.

"Coran!" Keith called out, running towards Coran.

"Keith!" Coran exclaimed, running over to him. "Thank goodness you're here. Can you do one small favour for me? Can you run back to Allura and ask her to open the training doors, please? Cayden just locked herself in with dozens of level thirteen training bots!!!" Coran shrieked.

"There's a level thirteen?!" Keith exclaimed, "I'm only on level seven!"

"It doesn't matter! Run to Allura and get help before she gets herself killed!" Coran shouted. Keith quickly darted back, running faster than the Flash. "I hope Allura doesn't blame me for Cayden's death. You will be remembered my brave soldier" Coran said.

Keith flew through the hallway and found still Allura in the living room with the others. "We need to open the training room doors!" Keith blurted.

"What?" Allura gasped, shooting upright.

"Cayden's locked herself in with dozens of level thirteen training bots" Keith explained.

"There's a level thirteen?!" Pidge exclaimed.

"Oh, just leave her in there, she'll be fine," Allura said, relaxing into the sofa.

"But she's going to get herself killed!" Keith protested.

"She's been training with level thirteen guardians since she was ten, this should be easy for her" Allura smiled.

"But!" Keith sputtered.

"Someone's a little desperate to be Prince Charming" Lance teased.

"That's not what it's like Lance!" Keith growled.

"Oh really?" Lance questioned, "You sounded pretty worried."

"I am really worried!" Keith cried.

"Smoochy smoochy! Someone's in love" Lance laughed, blowing a raspberry at Keith. Keith turned bright red, glaring at Lance. "Sorry, can you express how you're feeling 'cause you turned bright red" Lance chuckled.

"Lance, I think he's going to kill you" Pidge sighed, shaking her head.