Lance x reader - The celestial star part 2

Three months passed. It was all so sudden. The captain was shot and the crew was a mess. Kuhn assumed leadership at first, but then the role was passed onto Spanner until it was passed to everyone else and you. You were the last and remained the last. The ship was yours and so was the crew.

"Hey (y/n)!" Spanner called out.

"Yeah?" You answered. You rushed to the engine room and saw her working on the core. "Are you sure you should be tampering with the core?" You asked.

"Yeah it's okay, I was just gonna ask you. What do you think about Hekti?" Spanner asked.

"What about him?" You asked.

"Oh, just asking why you're giving him special treatment" Spanner smirked. You rolled your eyes and laughed.

"I'm not interested in Hekti," You said, "But are you?" Spanner blushed and hid her face into the engine.

"I'm married to engines and I'm gonna stay married to them!" Spanner shouted. You sniggered and headed to the bridge. You made sure to peek over your shoulder and saw Spanner blushing and possibly muttering to herself. You sniggered and started thinking about how the two might get together.

"Where are we headed Roshi?" You asked.

"Right now, that's up to you; we're parked in space right now" Roshi answered. You quickly jumped to the front and stared at the screen.

"We're on someone's radar," You said. You took a seat and worked on surveillance. "That's a class four ship!" You exclaimed.

"What the heck is that?!" Roshi asked.

"It's definitely not Galran, that means it's the Paladins" You answered.

"How do you know?" Roshi asked.

"I've got my sources" You answered. You worked on connecting with them and opened a secure channel. "Paladins, this is the Celestial Star, what business do you have siding at our bow?" You questioned.

"Celestial Star, we've come to send a message and hopefully have a meeting with you," A female voice said.

"What makes you think that members of the Hunting Cartel would meet with some Paladins?" You scoffed.

"(Y/n), it's me." Nyma's voice rang clearly through the audio.

"Nyma, what the hell are you doing with those guys?" You questioned.

"(Y/n), I just want to see you again!" Nyma cried.

"You-" "Don't you want to see your sister?" Roshi asked. You glared at Roshi who stared back. For such a young man, he was resilient and firm in his beliefs. You knew that he wasn't going to change his mind. You sighed and turned to the radio. "Fine, I'll get the crew together," You said. You walked over to the ship's intercom and called everyone to the bridge. "We have visitors guys, get dressed and Clane make sure you're wearing something that says you're a sniper and not a player. I want people with concealed weapons got it?"

"(y/n), it's your sister, you don't have to get everyone to arm themselves" Roshi said.

"Doesn't matter, we always use this protocol every time someone tries to set up a meeting with us and just because my sister is on that ship, it doesn't mean that they're not going to attack us" You replied. "Are you coming?" You asked.

"I'll stay with the ship and make sure I can remotely access it when we're not on the ship" Roshi answered.

"Goodman, we'll see you on board," You said. You met with the others and boarded the ship. Nyma waited for you in the hanger. Nyma's eyes filled with tears. She quickly ran up the ramp before it even touched the ground and held you in an embrace. "Oof!" You grunted.