Sendak x reader - Transfer part 2

You leaned against your locker and cast a gaze over to Sendak. He smirked and jutted his chin towards the invitation in your hand. You fiddled with the piece of paper and smirked. Sendak raised his eyebrows for a response. You nodded a yes. Sendak didn't hesitate to express his joy in your answer. Began punched the air and leapt in the air like a new board goat. You giggled at his celebration and slipped the invitation into your back pocket. Before leaving, you quickly checked the hallways and made a run for it.

...

"Make sure you get back before 6pm" Your mother warned.

"What?! But nothing happens until 8pm!" You protested.

"Which is why I want you to be home by 7 at the latest!" Your mother argued.

"But it's not fair! How come I can't be like the other kids?" You whined

"Because I don't want you to be like the other kids!" Your mother answered.

"People are going to think I'm weird and have a stupid mum" You complained.

"(y/n), I am this close to not allowing you to leave with your friends tonight" Your mother growled.

"Yes mum" You sighed. You walked back up to your room and closed the door, screaming on the inside. "Does it always have to be this hard to have a normal life?!" You growled. You checked your watch and double-checked your bag. A loose side braid hung from your shoulder. Tonight was going to be a party and you wanted to make sure that your legs were covered and the clothes you wore were comfortable. "I'm not going to let this night get ruined so easily" You said, balling your fists.

You checked the door again before slipping on a scarf, warm jumper, sneakers and fingerless gloves. You had time, thirty minutes in fact to make it to the party. Slowly, the window was lifted with caution, revealing the open window of opportunity. Once the opening was big enough, you slipped your leg out and slithered out the window, carefully shutting it behind you.

Treading carefully over the tiles, you crept towards the edge of the roof and flipped off, landing on the ground with a worrying thud. You flicked your eyes behind you and bolted out into a run.

...

Lights in the house flickered and lit up the windows and the lawn. Music pulsed through the air and the streets was covered like scales with cars. "Yep, this is definitely the place" You laughed. You walked in, stripping off your scarf and stuffing it in your bag. You kept your gloves though, it made you feel untouchable.

People everywhere were dancing, jumping off rooves, showing off and drinking. You avoided all the crazy people and explored the house. This was your first house party and you weren't sure to enjoy the new atmosphere or avoid it. The atmosphere was stuffy and the smell wasn't too pleasant either. In fact, you didn't think the experience was too pleasant at all! People were making out on the walls, others were running away outside to get themselves killed while drunk and there were so many people running into you.

You tried to back out, but all route were closed off as the crowd engulfed you. "Hey (y/n)!" A voice shouted. You turned around, trying to pinpoint the voice over the music. Of all the faces you saw, none were of any that you could recognised. "(y/n)!" The voice called out again.

Suddenly someone grapsed your hand. You gasped and jerked your hand away, slapping whoever took your hand in the face. "Ow!" Sendak exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh Sendak! Are you okay?" You gasped.

"I'll survive" Sendak chuckled, holding his face in his hand, "I guess I deserved that though, scaring you like that and getting a slap on the face, how ironic."

"Sorry," You apologised.

"There's no need, it's okay" Sendak smiled. "Hey... Want to dance with me?" He asked.

You looked at him and smiled. "I don't really dance" You admitted.

"Then it's a good thing we're here because I don't think anyone in this house can dance" Sendak jested. You checked around the room and nodded at his comment.

"That does seem to be true" You laughed. Sendak took your hand and spun you in a twirl. Elegance wasn't your style and you barely managed to keep your balance. But Sendak kept you where you were. Although the music was loud and blaring, he seemed to make it all calm and quiet. The whole time, you kept eye contact. His gaze was never-ending.

He slowly stopped dancing and looked into yours eyes. "You know, that first day when I saw you... You seemed different" Sendak whispered. "I don't what it was, but you were different from all the other girls... What is it?" He asked.

"Maybe it's something that only you can see, because I don't even know what's so special about me" I replied.

"Maybe, I just can't figure it out" Sendak whispered.

"What can you tell be about it though?" I asked.

"I don't know. You're smart, strong... Beautiful" He answered. The world slowed down. The music played just for you and a smelting sensation rumbled in your chest. For a second, his eyes flashed bright yellow, contrasting against the darkness in the background.