Lance x reader - Homework

Half Of My Energy Wasted On Random Knowledge

"I give up!" Lance exclaimed. "I'm done! I'm finished! I am ruined by this random knowledge!" Lance slammed his head on the table and groaned. "Useless, empty brain" Lance growled.

You walked into the sight of Lance repeatedly banging his head on the table. 'Homework' You thought. You walked in, still in your school uniform and gently rested your hand on his shoulder. "Need help?" You asked.
"Are you trying to taunt me or make me feel better?" Lance demanded.
You stepped back with your hands in surrender, "Okay, I'll back off."
"No, it's okay," Lance sighed. You lifted your brow and slowly walked back over to Lance.

You took a glimpse at his paper and stared at the blank page. 'He hasn't even started!' You thought. You scanned the rest of his desk and saw his math homework all done, but his essay had hardly any words written on the page. You smiled. His weakness was your strength and your weakness was his strength. Who says that opposites don't attract?

You bent down and grasped his hand. "Come with me," You whispered, pulling him away from his desk.
"Wh-what are you doing?" Lance exclaimed. "I'm giving you a break!" You answered, struggling against his strength.
"Come on (y/n)! I've got homework!" Lance protested.
"I'm going to pretend you never said that" You replied.

You dragged him out and pulled him outside. To everyone in the neighbourhood you two looked like two senior high students leaving the house... With a little bit of drama. You dragged him out and took him for a walk. "This is not what I was planning to do this afternoon" Lance groaned. "Come on Lance, I promise, once we finish having our date I will help you with your homework" You promised. "Oh okay sure... Wait! DATE?!" Lance shouted.

...

You took him to a bowling alley (Pretty cliché right?). Lance was still thinking about his homework which really annoyed you, but you know Lance well. But let me explain something. You two aren't dating, hence why he was so shocked. You two have only known each other for a few weeks. But you were madly attracted to Lance. So you took liberty in helping tutor him. This led to you meeting his parents and creating time to spend with him.

Out of your few weeks of knowing him you pretty much knew him like the back of your hand, but everyday you found something new about him.

You changed your shoes and led him to lane nine. "You know how to ball?" You asked, handing him a green bowling ball.
"Sure I do," Lance lied. You raised a brow and smirked.
"Really? Then show me" You ordered.
"Ladies first," Lance replied.
"If you say so," You sighed. You gripped the ball and quickly rolled your ball across the lane and scored a strike.

"Well done," Lance congratulated.
"Your turn," You smiled, watching him very closely. Lance smiled, but that wasn't enough to hide his nervousness. His right arm was shaking he clearly gulped with his Adam's apple jerked up and down. 'He's dead' You thought. Lance turned and slowly aimed his shot. He took his time looking like a 'professional' by continuously swinging his arm back and forth with the ball in his hand.

You were about to 'gently' ask him to shoot already when Lance lines his shot up and slips when he takes a step a little too far forward. You fall to the ground laughing as his ball slowly rolls down the lane without anyone noticing. Lance desperately looks up and watched the ball as it quickly rolls down the lane. 'Come on come on!' Lance thinks.

When the ball finally hit, Lance scored a strike. "Yes!" Lance shouted, pumping his fist in the air. You stop laughing and look at the scoring board.
"What?" You gasp.
"Ha! Take that (y/n)!" Lance smirked, crossing his arms.
"All right then, let's play" You grinned.

By the end of the game, Lance had won by twenty points. "WOOHOO!!" Lance celebrated, jumping in the air, punching his fist in the air.
"What?!" You exclaimed, staring at the scoreboard.
"I win!" Lance whooped. You facepalmed, but smiled. This was your plan all along, you wanted to get him pumped up and be happy.

"How do you feel?" You asked, pulling out your phone to record his answer.
"I feel like the happiest guy ever" Lance answered.
"Oh really?" You asked. 'This is it! Our essay was free choice and hopefully this experience will give him some inspiration. When I finish recording his answer I'll send it to him and hopefully this will help with his essay' You thought.

"I feel like the happiest guy ever because I've realised something" Lance said, facing you.
"Because you found out that you are really good at bowling?" You asked.
"No," Lance answered. Lance wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him. "Because I found out that I liked someone and hopefully, that person likes me back" Lance smiled.

His eyes sparked with joy and excitement and he face was so handsome. How could someone not like him? "Yes!" You replied.
"Yes what?" Lance asked.
"I like you!" You replied, throwing your arms around his neck. You squeezed him with affection and kissed his cheek without a second thought. 'This is amazing!' You screamed.

Lance noticed something glowing at the corner of his eye. "Hey what's that?" Lance asked.
"Oh!" You exclaimed, looking at your phone... That was still recording!! "OH!" You gasped.

...

The two of you walked home, the sun already set. "It's dark," Lance observed.
"Yeah," you sighed. 
"Are you going to be okay walking home?" Lance asked, squeezing your hand.
"I'll be fine," You smiled, ignoring your pounding heart.
"No! It's dark and late and I'm not letting you go home alone" Lance said firmly.
"All right," You smiled, gently resting your hand in his arm.

When you arrived at Lance's house you immediately got to work on his essay. He chose to write about his experience and his words were beautiful. Every now and again Lance would smile, brush his hand against your cheek or playfully play around. Eventually, at around 10pm his homework was done.

You stared at your phone and smiled at the recording. 'This is so precious' You smiled. You dragged your eyes to the time and groaned. 10:21pm. "Ugh!" You moaned. You quickly called your parents.

"Dad?" You asked.
"Honey where in the world are you!?" Your dad shrieked. You quickly pulled your phone away from your ear before answering.
"I'm at Lance's house, I helped him with his homework. And don't worry! I finished mine before coming to his house!" You blurted.
"Honey... Are you sure that you're studying?" You dad asked.
"Wh- DAD! DON'T BE SO DIRTY!!!" You screamed.
"Honey I wasn't even talking about that! I was asking if you were really doing what you were saying!" Your dad protested.

"Oh my gosh dad you scared me to death!" You sighed, taking deep breaths in and out.
"I'm sorry, can you please come home soon though? I can't keep your mum at bay" your dad asked.
"Sure thing dad, I'll get Lance to drive me" You replied. Your dad stayed silent for a second or two.
"If he comes I'm going to interview him" Your dad warned, ending the call before you could even protest.
"Crud," You groaned.

Part 2?

Just a note, I wrote this just because I am stressing out with my assignment and school work and I needed to get a one-shot out there so here it is! Once I finally get all my school stuff done I will write!

Cheerio! <3