Lance x reader - Rain

You were just in the bridge doing your thing when you started to hear this weird pinging noise. You frowned and looked up. You couldn't believe it. "LANCE, KEITH, HUNK, PIDGE, SHIRO!!! IT'S RAINING!!" You screamed into the speakers. You quickly rushed out of the castle and ran outside.

You dashed to the exit and stepped outside. You felt the thousands of droplets falling onto your hair and skin. The chilling cold touches of water sent chills up your spine. This was a feeling you've wanted for so long. Soon you were met with Lance who was the first outside.

"Rain," Lance said blissfully. "ITS RAINING!!! WOOHOO!!!" Lance screamed, running out further into the rain. Lance childishly started jumping in puddles not minding getting his boots all muddy. You laughed at the sight of your Lance jumping up and down like a kid.

"Water slide!!!" Pidge squealed, skidding on the mud on her knees.

"Woohoo!" You cheered, punching the air.

"Mud fight!" Keith called out, hurling a handful of mud at your face.

"Oof!" You grunted. "Oh, it is so on!" You smirked, grabbing a fist full of mud and hurling it towards Lance.

"Hey!" Lance exclaimed. "Okay, your turn big guy!" Lance sniggered, throwing a bunch to Hunk. Hunk earned a splat full of mud and he didn't even leave the castle.

"Mud fight!" Hunk cried out, throwing his shoes off.

Lance and Keith threw off their jackets and shoes before continuing the fight. Pidge had taken off her glasses in case anything happened. Keith always had a hit on everyone. Hunk sprayed mud on every by digging up the dirt and flicking to everyone like a dog. Pidge would grab handfuls of dirt and dump it on anyone who wasn't paying attention. Lance just shot his balls of mud at anyone. You dodged them all only having time to throw a few splodges of mud.

Shiro didn't join until thirty minutes later when everyone was getting tired. When he did appear he dominated everyone, showering all the Paladins and yourself with towers of mud. It took all of you to pin him down and cover his face and hair with mud. It took all his kids to pin down the big daddy.

Suddenly a loud bang echoed in the distance. "Thunder" You whispered. You flicked your hair to the distance and saw rumbling clouds as the rain started to pour down harder. The water washed all of you clear from the mud. You run out to spot the flashes of lightening. "It's thundering!!" You cheered.

"Woohooo!!!" Everyone cried.

"WOOOHOOOO!!!" You roared, echoing the bangs of thunder and the clashes of lightening.

"Yeah!!" Lance cheered.

You stood outside staring at the flashes of lightening in the distance. One by one everyone filed out to wash up. But you stayed. Lance also stayed behind. Lance. The Guardian of water. He stayed with you. While you were outside Lance left. You felt him leave. You felt lonely not having him by your side and sat there. You moved your hand to where he used to be and sighed.

Before you knew it another sound entered the orchestra of thunder. It was a lion's roar. You instinctively looked up and saw Lance. He wasn't in the cockpit, but he was standing on top of Blue's head. You laughed in disbelief and shook your head smiling. "You're crazy Lance" You laughed. "I know, come up here," Lance said as Blue lowered his head down to you. Lance offered a hand up and smiled.

You gladly accepted the offer and stepped up towards Lance. Blue slowly lifted his head up and you and Lance balanced, holding each other. The sky was clearing now. The rain had slowed to a sprinkle and the clouds were clearing. Soon the sun was visible. Its rays streaked out across the sky as it set down into the distance.

"It's beautiful" You whispered.

"Yeah, it is" Lance smiled, looking down at you. You blushed and nudged him with your hip. Lance laughed and nudged you back.

"Ha ha ha!" You giggled, dodging him and turning to face him. Lance smirked and leaned in.

A kiss in rain