Reader x Paladins - Space Mama

Requested by @mear-kat

"Pidge, I think you should turn that laptop off and go to sleep" You suggested, walking into the lab. "Yes mum" Pidge sighed, fighting the urge to roll her eyes.

"Keith you've been training for four hours! Why don't you take a break?" You asked, peeking your head into the training deck. "Yes mum" Keith rolled his eyes before ignoring you and continuing his training session.

"Hunk don't you think you should go easy on that custard? Last time you had a stomach fight for the rest of the day" You said, sounding a little concerned over the stack of dishes that were piled all over the kitchen. "Yeah mum, I'll be fine!" Hunk whined, with a mouth full of green goo.

"Lance, don't you dare sneak into that room" You warned, quietly reading your book on the sofa. "Oh, how did you know it was me?!" Lance whined. "I didn't, you told me that it was you Lance" You replied. "Ugh!" Lance moaned, walking back to where he was before.

...

As you probably guessed, the Paladins didn't just have a Space Dad, they also had a Space Mum. Except she was 100 times worse. Unlike Shiro who seemed to be the laid back dad that only stepped in when the 'kids' stepped out of line. You, however, stepped in when they stepped out of your line. It annoyed the Paladins up to the point when they try to make sure they do their things while you weren't there. Your eyes were everywhere all the time and no matter where they ran to, they couldn't escape you.

...

"We've got to do something about this" Lance humped, crossing his arms, flopping onto the couch.

"Ditto," Pidge moaned, flicking her head on the couch.

"Every time we do something, she watches and makes sure that we don't 'hurt' ourselves" Keith complained.

"Yeah! I can't even get my work done while she's awake!" Pidge whined.

"And let's not forget about her food restrictions! She doesn't even let me eat more than five bowls of custard!" Hunk moaned, thinking about all the calories that he was missing.

"I think you should give her some room," Shiro said, walking into the living room.

"Give her some room? She needs to give us some room!" Lance scoffed.

"Yeah Shiro, I haven't seen you get any complaints or corrections from (y/n)" Keith observed.

"That's because I'm perfect" Shiro smirked. Pidge, Lance, Keith and Hunk all stared at him irritatedly. "Guys I'm only joking," Shiro said dully.

"Yeah joke all you want Shiro, we're the ones getting trampled on" Lance sighed.

"You have no idea do you?" Shiro asked.

"Know what? What is there to know?!" Pidge groaned, flopping back towards the couch.

"Did you know that (y/n) was actually engaged to someone back on earth and now she can't go back and have a happy life because of this war?" Shiro asked.

Everyone looked at each other without knowing what to say. "Didn't think so" Shiro smirked.

"But what does that have to do with her overprotective nature over us?" Keith asked.

"If someone you knew was going through the exact pain you were going through, and you knew what it felt like to be in that place. Wouldn't you want to the best for the person and take care of them?" Shiro asked. Again everyone thought about what Shiro said and stayed silent. "I think you owe a lot to (y/n)" Shiro commented.

"Pidge I think you should go to bed now. It's getting late, I'm sure you can finish off what you were doing as soon as you wake up tomorrow" You smiled. "Okay mum" Pidge smiled.

"Hey Keith, I got some water for you. You should probably take a break before you start throwing your limbs off" You giggled, offering some water. "Thanks, mum" Keith replied, gladly accepted the water.

"Hunk, why don't you try to eat this instead of that?" You asked, offering a plate of something else. "Hmm... I'll give it a try mum!" Hunk grinned, speckled with green goo over his mouth.

You sat on the couch quietly as you read your book. You waited for Lance to 'quietly' sneak past you, but you heard nothing. Instead, you heard the faint sound of flapping paper above you. You looked up and saw a neatly folded paper airplane float above you until it landed sqaurely on your lap. You looked on the wing of the plane and saw a message asking you to unfold the plane.

"We love you Space Mama!"

- From Keith, Lance, Pidge and Hunk