Lance x reader - The one left out part 1

...Years ago at primary school...

Lance sat on the school bench all alone, swinging his feet, trying to touch the ground. He looked up at all the kids that were playing handball, basketball or tag. But he didn't join in. He had tried before, but failed many times and was often teased at his attempts. Especially today when he tried to play with you.

He embarrassed himself halfway and ran off leaving you dumbfounded and really confused. You, of course, tried to find him. You were a tomboy and didn't care much about the girls, how they were or what they were doing. You wandered the playground in pursuit of Lance and found him in the shade, sitting on the bench all alone. You noticed that he didn't have a hat.

At your school, without a hat, you couldn't play. You frowned and pitied him. You loved playing around with the boys because none of the girls enjoyed playing a rough game of tag like you did. And to see a boy without the ability to run was like seeing an eagle being stripped of his wings.

You walked up to Lance and took your hat off. "Hi," You smiled, taking a seat next to Lance.

"Hello," Lance murmured. You nodded your head awkwardly. Lance didn't want to talk, but your tactic was to pull him into a conversation to try to cheer him up.

"Um... Do you want to play?" You asked.

"I don't have a hat" Lance pouted.

"You can have mine" You smiled.

"No thanks" Lance declined.

"Don't you want to play?" You asked innocently.

"No," Lance said, doing his best to slowly inch away from you.

You noticed this and cocked your head. "Is something wrong?" You asked, moving closer to him. Lance quickly placed some space between you and him and accidently fell off the bench. "Ha ha ha!" You laughed. Lance frowned and ran off. "Wait!" You exclaimed. You tried to run after him, but he was too fast. "Oh great," You sighed.

Lance's POV

'Oh come on!' Lance shouted to himself. 'You looked so stupid in front of (y/n)...' Lance folded his arms and pulled himself closer. Lance wandered the school playground, remaining in the shade.

"Are you alright Lance?" A teacher asked.

"Yes Miss" Lance answered.

"Are you sure? You look a little lonely" The teacher pointed. Lance didn't answer, knowing that he was cornered. The teacher knew Lance well and decided to give the boy a little hug.

"I saw you with (y/n)" The teacher smirked. Lance blushed.

"You like (y/n) don't you?" The teacher giggled. "Well, I do suppose that you ten years old... My goodness, I wonder what you are going to be like when you get older Lance" the Teacher smiled.

"Can we not talk about it?" Lance asked.

"Of course Lance" the Teacher smiled.

Your POV

You decided to leave Lance alone. You didn't know him very well, but you knew that if a guy wanted to be alone it was best to leave him alone. You ran off with your hat and played tag for the rest of the lunch break.

At home time you saw Lance again with his humungous family. Lance was well known in the school because every time his parents/family came to pick him up a large van would park at the front of the school and pick him up every day. You giggled when he climbed on because the van would shake violently from side to side. You could hear cheers and laughter. You smiled. You knew that after a hard day at school he had a family to go to when things weren't going so well.

You, however, had a different story. When you came home you weren't exactly coming home to a welcome party. Your life wasn't bad. Your parents didn't fight, but that was because they both worked and never saw each other. Your brother or sister didn't annoy you because they both were off at uni. All you had was your quiet grandmother who slept for most of the time in the granny flat.

You walked home from school and settled in your quiet and empty room. You had a shower, did your homework, made your own dinner, leaving some for grandma. Honestly, you never knew what you were doing when you made your dinner. So you asked mum to teach you. She only taught you how to cut vegetables and fruits, holding the knife correctly and how to clean up after a meal.

So like every other day of the year, when your family wasn't home, you had your vegetable dinner. Like I said, your life wasn't all bad, it could have been much worse if you think about it, but it was what you had and you didn't complain at all.

Lance's POV

As Lance climbed aboard his van he was greeted with a warm welcome. "Welcome back to the family Lance!" Lance's older brother shrieked.

"Hey, big brother! I thought you had soccer practice" Lance grinned, throwing himself into his brother's arms.

"I do, but it won't hurt to miss the first two minutes of practice to see my little bro again" Lance's brother beamed. Lance smiled and took a seat in the family van.

"Next stop, sport's oval!!!" Lance's mother shouted to the back.

"Woohoo!" The family cried.

Lance enjoyed the ride to his brother's school for soccer practice. He and his older brother were close. Lance had quite a few siblings compared to other kids at his school. He had two siblings that were in high school and a few others that were attending university. As the youngest, he was always tossed and turned by the older ones, but not his brother James. James was the second youngest and the closest to Lance. The two had an unbreakable bond.

"James! We're at the soccer field, sure you don't want your family cheering you on while you practice honey?" Mrs. Maclain asked.

"No! Thanks... Mum" James stammered, blushing as his teammates looked at him quizzically. Lance tried to hide his snicker as he recalled what happened last time his family tried to cheer him on.

"All right honey! Just call me when you need a pickup sweetheart!" Mrs. Maclain smiled.

With that, James slid the van door closed and waved to his delightful family as they drove home.

Hello everyone! I finally figured out what Lance's last name was! Still on the hunt for Hunk's last name. If anyone does please tell me because I have no idea what his surname is. Part 2 is on the way peeps!

Cheerio!